Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He was a member of Team Jessie consisting of Howard Burns, Charlie Christensen, Horwitz, Mike Kendall, Alan Baumgardner and Corey Tabor. Team Jessie is a 6-person relay team that completed a crossing of the Anacapa Channel on 14 October 2012 in 7 hours 15 minutes. They swam together with 2 other relay teams: Team Coto consisting of Michael Trudeau, Tanya MacLean, Jeff Conrad, Ben Putman, Lynn Kubasek, Cherie Edborg and Team Augie consisting of Lisa Nordholm, John Stevens, Julian Rusinek, Morgan Empey, Vanessa Mesia and Mike Lane. All 3 teams were escorted by the boat New Blue Fin.
- He is the co-founder of Swim Camp Mexico.
- He was part of the world record setting As Seen On TV that set the 20.2-mile Catalina Channel - Fastest Mixed (3 man and 3 women) 50-59 Catalina-to-Mainland Relay record in 9 hours 38 minutes together with Barbara Held, Julian Rusinek, Ray Meltvedt, Lynn Kubasek, and Roni Hibben on 1 July 2013. John Pittman on the Outrider was their escort boat pilot.
- He was a member of Team Tripod, a group of 3 separate teams of 6 swimmers each that completed a joint crossing of the Catalina Channel in 13 hours 16 minutes. The 3 relays swam the exact same pace across the Catalina Channel. The teams started near midnight on Cabrillo Beach and swam out to Catalina Island with Carol Sing as the team leader. The swimmers included Julian Rusinek, Lynn Kubasek, Carol Hayden, Karl Jacobs, Kenny Jacobs, Tanya MacLean, Patsee Ober, Marc Horwitz, Tom Cook, Dan Simonelli, Kelley Schall, Thomas Johnson, Steve Coopersmith, Natalie Kreitzinger, Marta Gaughen, Paula Selby, Yafa Minazad, and Kim Miller. The support crew included Grace van der Byl, Julie Flanagan, Kevin Eslinger, Forrest Nelson, and Neil van der Byl. The CCSF Observers included Carol Sing and John York.
As Seen On TV
- Swimcamp.us Announces 2023 Lineup
- Orange County Swimmers Conquer Catalina
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Open Water Swimming
- As Seen On TV, Another Record Falls In Catalina
- Marathon Swimming
- Peter Hayden's Anacapa Circumnavigation + Crossing
- Chocolate Does Good For A SeaMonsta
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Batchelor Is One Tough Guy
- 2018 Swim Camp Mexico
- Swim Camp Mexico IV
- Touching, Turtles
- Swim For Lynn Ocean Plunge At Swim Camp Mexico