Vanessa Mesia is an American open water swimmer and coach from California.
Open Water Swimming Career
- she won her age group at the 2012 SPMS Open Water Series in Southern California. The SPMS Open Water Series is a 10-race series for registered swimmers of Southern Pacific Masters Swimming in Southern California.
- she is a member of Team Augie consisting of Lisa Nordholm, John Stevens, Julian Rusinek, Morgan Empey, Mesia and Mike Lane. Team Augie is a 6-person relay team that completed a crossing of the Anacapa Channel on 14 October 2012 in 7 hours 15 minutes. They swam together with 2 other relay teams: Team Coto consisting of Michael Trudeau, Tanya MacLean, Jeff Conrad, Ben Putman, Lynn Kubasek, Cherie Edborg and Team Jessie consisting of Howard Burns, Charlie Christensen, Marc Horwitz, Mike Kendall, Alan Baumgardner and Corey Tabor. All 3 teams were escorted by the boat New Blue Fin. Anacapa Island is a small volcanic island located about 11 miles (18 km) off the coast of Port Hueneme, California, in the United States. Anacapa Island is composed of a series of narrow islets 6 miles (10 km) miles long, running in a mostly east-west orientation, 5 miles (8 km) east of Santa Cruz Island. Anacapa is part of the Channel Islands archipelago and is part of the Channel Islands National Park. It is the smallest of the northern islands.
- she was selected as the 2007 Southern Pacific Masters Swimming Coach of The Year
- Mesia was a member of Commotion on the Ocean, the 82nd successful relay team across the 20.2-mile Catalina Channel in California. Under the auspices of the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation, Commotion on the Ocean completed a 14 hour 11 minute 26 second crossing from the California mainland to Catalina Island on 7 August 2012. The team included Julian Rusinek (U.S.A.), Ben Barham (United Kingdom), Peter Hayden (U.S.A.), Mesia, Tim Davies (United Kingdom), and Karl Jacobs.
- Successful Catalina Channel Relays
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Southern Pacific Masters Swimming Coach of the Year
- U.S. Masters Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Southern California Open Water Swimming Stars
- SPMS Open Water Series
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Southern Pacific Masters Open Water Series Champions
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- Anacapa Relays Swim With A Fin In The Water
- Commotion On The Ocean Ends Harmoniously