Swim Camp Malta
Swim Camp Malta Coaches
- Adam Walker - Swim Coach: Walker is an ASA level 2 swimming coach who has taught beginners to open water swimming record holders. In addition he is a marathon swimmer of the highest calibre. He is currently undertaking the Oceans Seven challenge, the hardest 7 ocean swims on the planet. He holds the British record for the fastest Strait of Gibraltar crossing and was the first British person to do a double crossing. He has been successful swimming through some of the deadliest and toughest ocean swims including the Molokai Channel where he was the first British person to cross and was stung by a Portuguese man o war in the process of finishing in just over 17 hours. He has completed 5 out of 5 of the Oceans Seven swims and is heading to be only the fifth person in history and first British person to complete the feat. His other achievements include being the male winner of the 21-mile 2-way Windermere swim in 2010.
- Keith Bartolo - Swim Coach: Bartolo is a qualified ASA UK Swim Coach, Holistic Massage Therapist, and Fitness Instructor (Future Fit UK). Bartolo practiced triathlon for 6 years, before moving on to open water swimming. He currently has his focus on swimming the English Channel in July 2014 and has taken part in many long distance swims including Champion of Champions 14 km swimming race BLDSA (8th), Loch Earn in Scotland 10 Km race (2nd), World Record Swim for the Longest Fresh Water Swim relay in the World. Nominated for the World Open Water Swimming Association World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year, he coaches the junior squad with Neptunes Waterpolo and Swimming Club in Malta. His swimmers compete locally and internationally. Keith coached the Malta National swim teams which took part in the FISEC Games held in Malta 2012, in Hungary 2013 and the Coji Games held in Corsica 2013.
- Clem Turner - Psychology: Turner is a qualified Clinical Therapist and a senior member of the General Hypnotherapy Register, the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council, an Accredited Member of the NationalCouncil for Hypnotherapy, the UK Register for IBS therapists, The National Register for Hypnotherapists, the NHS Directory for Complementary and Alternative Practitioners and the Register for Evidence Based Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy. Specialising in stress, anxiety and panic attacks, pain management, confidence issues, fears, phobias and sports psychology, he has over 10 years experience in helping clients reach the top of their game in swimming, equestrian eventing, ice skating, skiing, golf, martial arts, snooker and football. He is practitioner in Hypnotherapy which can create positive focus, helping people to achieve their full potential. Also, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which reduces negative emotions and fears, Neuro Linguistic Programming, helping clients to focus on what they do want rather than what they don’t want.
- Maria Misfud Bonnici - Nutrition: Master of Sport and Exercise Physiology, better known for her previous success both locally and internationally in the triathlon scene, has been awarded a diploma in Sports Nutrition by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). Although she has retired from competition, she has been involved with swimming for the past three years helping the national swimming coach with physiological tests and the swimmers with nutritional guidance so as to help them realise their full potential and achieve higher standards. Maria is one of only 88 sport nutritionists in the world to have been successful in achieving this diploma to date and is the only Maltese to have received this prestigious award. She has a number of triathlon and duathlon champion titles under her belt as well as the title of Sportswoman of the Year 2001.
- Gemma Clarke - Filming: Clarke will film swims for the stroke analysis sessions, above and below the water in the pool and also swims out at sea. The weeks images and footage will be compiled and available to download electronically.