Jordan Leckey is a former competitive swimmer and open water swimmer from Ireland.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He was third in the 2018-2019 Global Swim Series in the Male Wetsuit Division.
- He won the 2019-2020 Global Swim Series Male Wetsuit Division.
- He won the 1.5 km Round the Rock sea swim in Warrenpoint, Ireland.
- On 2 August 2021, he crossed the 35 km North Channel in a record-setting 9 hours 9 minutes 30 seconds, breaking the existing record of Michelle Macy by almost 25 minutes.
2021 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Award Nomination
Jordan Leckey was nominated for the 2021 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Award. The winners and nominees included:
Winner: Avram Iancu (Romania)
First Runner-up: José Eduardo do Amaral Ferreira (Brazil)
Second Runner-up: Jordan Leckey (Ireland)
4. Krzysztof Gajewski (Poland)
5. Meliah Motchman (Canada)
6. Courtney Moates Paulk (USA)
7. Rusya – Türkiye Uluslararasi Karadeniz 320 km Açik Deniz Yüzme Maratonu (Russia – Turkey)
8. Jennifer Dutton (USA)
9. John Batchelder (USA)
10. Serge Gellé and Andrianarison Jimmy Laitsara (Madagascar)
11. Qing Li (USA)
12. Défi Titicaca (France)
13. Anna Brown (Andorra)
14. Oceane Cassignol (France)
15. Matan Roditi (Israel)