We Swim Wild
We Swim Wild.com is a not-for-profit company and campaigning body that inspires, unites and empowers wild swimming communities and water users to take action against micro plastic pollution and other silent contaminates. Protecting wild waters and wild spaces across the U.K, through water based adventure, citizen science, micro plastic research, trash cleans and restoring wild spaces through our we rewild programme in order to capture carbon and micro plastic pollution.
We Swim Wild Campaign
- In 2020, We Swim Wild organized UK's largest citizen science microplastic study with over 100 swimmers across the UK.
- Sanderson is swimming over 1000 km across all 15 of the UK National Parks to test a waterway for levels and quantities of micro plastics throughout a river system in partnership with Bangor University and Dr Christian Dunn.
Creating environmental awareness through adventure.
2021 World Open Water Swimming Product or Service of the Year Nominees and Winners
We Swim Wild was nominated for the 2021 World Open Water Swimming Product or Service of the Year Award. The winners and nominees included:
Winner: Aloo of Mexico
First Runner-up: La Morada Club of Argentina
Second Runner-up: Oceans Seven: How I Cheated Death And Broke The Hardest Record In Swimming
4. Radikal Swim Swimming Club of Spain
5. We Swim Wild of Great Britain
6. Hammer Head Swim Caps of USA
7. Safe Sea of Israel
8. Against The Current of USA
9. Ask Me Why I’m Stood Here: A Bristol Channel Swim Tale of Great Britain
10. Ocean Walker Academy & Wellbeing Centre of Great Britain
11. Bruckner Chase Ocean Positive of USA
12. Maarten van der Weijden Foundation of the Netherlands
13. Freedom Swimmer of China-Hong Kong
14. Amphibia Dry Mat of Ireland
15. The Swim Reaper of New Zealand
16. Open Water Swim Traverse of Lebanon
17. Goa Open Water Swimming Club of India