Cynthia Tobin Walsh MSN, RN is the director of cardiovascular services at Sharp Memorial Hospital in San Diego. She worked as a part-time lecturer at San Diego State University from 2004-2010. Cindy started swimming at age 10 on a synchronized swimming team in Hamden Connecticut, the Hamden Heronettes. Cindy helped her team finish in second place at Senior Nationals in Long Beach, CA in 1979.She also swam for Hamden High School. Cindy is a current open water swimmer.
Open Water Swimming Career
- completed two channels of the Oceans Seven.
- On 14 August 2007, she completed a 42.4 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the California mainland in 13 hours 56 minutes 5 seconds.
- On 5 July 2008, she completed a 45.8 km circumnavigation of Manhattan Island and the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 8 hours 0 minutes 5 seconds at the age of 45.
- On 6 October 2008, she completed a 42.4 km crossing of the Catalina Channel in 9 hours 55 minutes 0 seconds.
- 2009 completed an unprecedented crossing of Lake Pend Orielle in the Idaho Panhandle in 9 hours 12 minutes together with Jim Fitzpatrick
- 2010 placed second in the Fiji Ocean Swim 10km in 2:26:11
- On 24 April 2011, she finished 8th in the 46 km Tampa Bay Marathon Swim in 10 hours 50 minutes at the age of 48.
- On 1 September 2012, she completed a 44.8 km crossing of the English Channel in 14 hours 19 minutes 0 seconds to complete the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming and the Grand Slam of Open Water Swimming.
- 2012 became the 64th member of the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- 2012 CSA Belhedi award for swim on the highest tide 6.7 meters
- 2013 completed the SCAR series in Arizona in 15:16:46
- 2014 was part of the Catalina Channel Relay that set a new record for 50+ women in 9:08:04
- On 6 June 2015, completed the swim around Key West in 5:29:56
- On 20 August 2016, she finished 6th in the Boston Light Swim in 3:03:30
- On June 29, 2017 completed the SEAL Memorial Swim around Coronado in 4:35
- 2017 she attempted the 25-mile In Search of Memphre across Lake Memphremagog from Vermont, USA to Quebec, Canada, swimming a total of 15 miles on 16 September 2017
- On 8 July 2018, completed the USMS 11 mile Portland Bridge Swim in 5:22:10
- On August 3, 2019 completed the Swim Across the Sound in 9:40
- On September 21, 2019 completed the SEAL Memorial Swim around Coronado 5:38
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Manhattan Island Marathon Swim
- NYC Swim bio
- NYC Swim bio
- Cindy Tobin Walsh Facebook page
- Cindy Walsh Joins Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimming
- Hamden Resident Added To The Triple Crown Of Open Water Swimmers
- Cindy Walsh
- Swimming A Two-fer Across Lake Pend Orielle
- Competing In The Hallowed Waterways Of La Jolla
- Triple Crowners Showcase Their Fountain Of Youth - Age of Triple Crowners
- Ned Denison Honored In Vermont
- The White Knight Honored In Vermont
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- The Search Continues And Grows
- Kingdom Games
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- They Hit Grand Slams In The Open Water
- Grand Slam Of Open Water Swimming Updated List