Ralph West is an open water swimmer from South Africa.
Open Water Swimming Career
- he is a record holder along with Brenton Williams, JC van Wyk, Greg Tucker, Russell Tucker, and Sanmarie Woithe for setting a new record of 350 km for a continual open water swimming relay in Marina Martinique in Jeffreys Bay, South Africa between 21-25 March 2012 (called the Marina Martinique Marathon).
- he competed in the first annual Shell Festival Sea Swim.
- he won his age group in the Double Mile at the 2012 Steers Marina Mile.
- he competed in the 8 km Bell Buoy Challenge in Port Elizabeth.
- he has completed all 6 editions of the first 6 Jendamark Bellbuoy Challenge 5 km sea swim events.
- he competed in the 5 km Sabrina Love swim in Plettenberg Bay.
- he competed in the 4 km Jeffreys Bay Swim Challenge.
- he is the chairman of the Eastern Province Masters Swimming Association in 2012/13
- he represented Eastern Province in the 3 km event at the 2012 South African Open Water Swim Championships
- he won his age group in the 3 km race in Round 2 of the 2013 Metsi Open Water Swim Series in Marina Martinique near Jeffreys Bay, South Africa.
Cape Recife Swim
West completed an 11 km rounding of Cape Recife, the southeastern tip of the African continent on 28 February 2015 in 3 hours 34 minutes together with PJ Duffy (3 hours 17 minutes), Rudi Schoeman (3 hours 18 minutes), Iain Geddes (3 hours 21 minutes), Kevin Grey (3 hours 23 minutes), Brenton Williams (3 hours 33 minutes), and Richden Jute (3 hours 34 minutes). The escort paddler was Terry Olivier; the swim was sanctioned by the Cape Long Distance Swimming Association.
Legend of the Bell Buoy
- The History Of Ouma In Tunisia
- Metsi Open Water Swim Series In Marina Martinique
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- On A Marathon Mission
- Swimming With Buff In Boneyards, Shell Festival Sea Swim
- SPAR Redhouse River Mile From 1924 To The Present
- Record-setting Relays Rock 'N Roll
- Intrepid Seven Cross Cape, Round Recife