Hatem Seifallah Mohamed Ibrahim
Hatem Seifallah Mohamed Ibrahim of Egypt is a member of the FINA Technical Open Water Swimming Committee (TOWSC) that is responsible for advising, analyzing, appointing, investigating, studying and recommending rules, regulations, protocols, procedures, equipment and specifications regarding the preparations and execution of open water swimming events sanctioned and organized by FINA, the world's governing body of aquatics.
Hatem is a professor who has served many roles within the Egyptian Swimming Federation.
History of TOWSC
In 1985, the FINA Bureau appointed a Long Distance Swimming Commission. Seven years later, the Technical Open Water Swimming Committee was formed in 1992. Allan M. Clarkson of Great Britain was nominated Chairman of the first committee. He was followed by Hans A. Beijer of the Netherlands, Sid Cassidy of the USA and Ronnie Wong of Hong Kong. The Honorary Secretaries of the Committee included Dale Petranech of the USA (1992-1996), Flavio Bomio of Switzerland (1996-2000), Shelley Taylor-Smith of Australia (2000-2008) and Flavio Bomio (2008 - present).
Members of TOWSC
Its members include:
1. Ronnie Wong Man Chiu, Chairman
2. Jorge Aurelio Delgado Panchana, Vice Chairman
3. Flavio Bomio, Honorary Secretary
4. Sid Cassidy, Member
5. Khwaja Aziz, Member
6. Valerijus Belovas, Member
7. Tomas Haces German, Member
8. Samuel Greetham, Member
9. Zouheir El Moufti, Member
10. Andrea Prayer, Member
11. John West, Member
12. Noam Zwi, Member
13. Washington Beltran, Events Sub-Committee
14. Hatem Seifallah Mohamed Ibrahim, Events Sub-Committee
15. Shelley Taylor-Smith, Events Sub-Committee
16. Dennis Miller, FINA Bureau Liaison