TSE Consulting is an international consulting firm specializing in sport with clients that include FINA, the Qatar Olympic Committee, Bahrain Ministry of Youth and Sport, Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee, and the UAE Swimming Federation.
The FINA Bureau consists of 22 members elected by the General Congress, without vote, including the President, five Vice Presidents (one per continent), the Honorary Secretary, the Honorary Treasurer and 14 additional members. All are from different countries or “Sport Countries”. 15 members are chosen on the basis of geographical representation (three from Africa, four from America, three from Asia, four from Europe and one from Oceania) and the remaining seven from the world at large. Also member of the Bureau but without vote are the Honorary Life President, the Immediate Past President, the Immediate Past Honorary Secretary and the Immediate Past Honorary Treasurer for a term of four years.
The FINA Bureau is responsible for discussing and making decisions on all matters assigned by them by the General and Technical Congresses. Moreover and among other things, Bureau members interpret and enforce the Rule of FINA, they submit proposals to the Congress, they attribute FINA awards, they determine the dates and locations of World Championships and other FINA events, they organise and control all competitions for FINA’s five aquatic disciplines at the Olympic Games, Youth Olympic Games, World Championships and other FINA competitions, they instruct FINA Committees and manage their activities, etc.
At its first meeting, the Bureau forms an Executive Committee including the President, the Honorary Secretary and the Honorary Treasurer. The Executive’s role is to decide upon matters relating to the FINA Rules and Regulations or referred to it by the Bureau. It is also responsible for the supervision of the FINA permanent office located in Lausanne, Switzerland.
FINA Bureau Members
1. Dr. Julio C. Maglione, President
2. Paolo Barelli, Honorary Secretary
3. Pipat Paniangvait, Honorary Treasurer
4. Husain Al Musallam, Vice President
5. Nory Kruchten, Vice President
6. Dale Neuburger, Vice President
7. Sam Ramsamy, Vice President
8. Dennis Miller, Vice President
9. Gennady Aleshin, Member
10. Dimitris Diathesopoulos, Member
11. Matthew Dunn, Member
12. Ben Ekumbo, Member
13. Farid El Allam, Member
14. Paulo Frischknecht, Member
15. Tamas Gyarfas, Member
16. Eugenio Martinez, Member
17. Orban Mendoza, Member
18. Dr. Margo Mountjoy, Member
19. Coaracy Nunes Filho, Member
20. Kazuo Sano, Member
21. Chief Olatokunbo Thomas, Member
22. Qiuping Zhang, Member
23. Mustapha Larfaoui, Honorary Life President
24. Bartolo Consolo, Immediate Past Honorary Secretary
25. Rafael Blanco, Honorary Member
26. Eldon C. Godfrey, C.A., Honorary Member
27. Francis Luyce, Honorary Member
28. Guillermo Martinez, Honorary Member
29. Gunnar Werner, Honorary Member
30. Cornel Marculescu, Executive Director
- Say It Ain’t So, Brent Rutemiller
- Who Governs Swimming?
- [httpa://openwaterswimming.com/2015/07/30-most-influential-people-in-swimming-3/ 30 Most Influential People in Swimming + 3]
- FINA website
- Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee Testimonial
- UAE Swimming Federation
- Bahrain Ministry of Youth and Sport
- Saudi Arabian Olympic Committee
- Dale Neuburger bio
- Qatar Olympic Committee
- Dennis Miller Gets Re-elected To FINA Bureau
- Will World Swimming Association Dive Into The Open Water?