Dr. William Peck is an American obstetrician-gynecologist in Newport, Vermont who creates beautiful walking sticks that are given to the victors of the annual Kingdom Swim and World Open Water Swimming Association 10-mile World Championship held in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont.
- He is affiliated with North Country Hospital and Health Center.
- He received his medical degree from Medical College of Georgia School of Medicine and has been in practice for more than 20 years. He is one of 2 doctors at North Country Hospital and Health Center who specialize in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He completed a 25-mile stage swim in Lake Memphremagog, swimming 2 to 5 miles at a time in the 1990s.
The Kingdom Swim is one of the longest marathon swims in the world. The multi-race charity swim event is held in Lake Memphremagog in the state of Vermont and is the World Open Water Swimming Association-sanctioned World 10-mile Swimming Championships. The event is organized by Phil White of the Northeast Kingdom Open Water Swimming Association. Races include 1 mile, 3 miles, 6 miles, 10 mile events.
- Stephen Rouch, Suzanne Heim Cross-Border To Win 25 km Border Buster
- History of The Great Race at Kingdom Swim
- The 10-Mile Race at Kingdom Swim
- Swimming Leads To Walking
- Walking Sticks by William Peck
- A Short List of Marathon Swims
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swimming In The Open Water Swimming Kingdom
- To Kingdom Come They Swim
- Nor'easter Taking Storm
- Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 3