noun - Swim cap (or swimming cap, bathing cap, bubble cap, neoprene cap or dome swim cap) is a silicone, latex or lycra cap worn on the head by recreational and competitive swimmers, both in the pool and open water.
Swim caps are worn for various reasons. Some facilities require the wearing of swim caps, in order to protect filters from becoming clogged with loose hairs which fall from the head of swimmers who are not wearing a cap. Caps are also sometimes worn in an attempt to keep the hair relatively dry or free from chlorinated water, to keep the sun off the hair, to reduce drag in the water caused by loose hair, and to keep the wearer's head warm.
A swim cap tan is the division on a swimmer's forehead between the skin of pronounced paleness relative to the rest of their face that has been suntanned by prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation in a pool, outdoors or in the open water. It is caused by wearing of a swim cap on the head while swimming outdoors.
The young woman always wore a swim cap during her pool and open water swimming workout.
Putting on Swim Cap in Slow Mo
- The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Open Water Swimmers 2022
- Peter Hancock Takes Swimming and Running To The Extreme
- Supporting The Spirit Orcas
- Officiating At The Tokyo Olympics – The Men’s 10K Marathon Swim
- Officiating At The Tokyo Olympics – The Women’s 10K Marathon Swim
- Retaliation And Aggression In Open Water Competitions
- Officiating Intent In The Open Water World
- What Is The Correct Call In The Open Water?
- Chris Morgan Talks About Gennadi Touretski on WOWSA Live
- Alone Amid The Risks Of The Open Water
- Diary Of A Double With Antonio Argüelles – Week 22
- How To Spot Open Water Swimmers In The Airport
- Faces of the Open Water
- How To Spot An Open Water Swimmer In An Airport
- Ten Big Ideas For Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming Safety In The Netherlands
- Swimsuit, Goggles, Swim Cap And Tape
- The Power Of Observation
- Within 50 Years Will It Be Crossed?
- The Most Useful Swimming Inventions Of All Time
- 100 New Year's Resolutions For Open Water Swimmers
- Age-man Always Looking Out For Each Other
- What Is The Minimum Age For Open Water Swims?
- Thaddeus Gamory Diversifies From NYPD To South Florida
- Anthony McCarley Taking It To Another Level
- Swimming Fast Under FINA Rules
- 25 Things Well-Traveled Open Water Swimmers Have
- Far-out Futuristic Inventions For Swimmers
- Amnesty For Old Swim Caps
- Bits And Pieces From Farallon Islands History
- What Is Acceptable In The Open Water Swimming World?
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming Preparations For Tsugaru Channel
- A Swimmer’s Account Across The Sea Of Cortez
- Easy-to-See Swim Caps Are Numbered
- Tape Hints At Physicality In Open Water
- Dual Purpose Swim Caps For Open Water Swimming Events
- POQ Swim Caps
- Keeping Your Cap On In Open Water Competitions
- Inventions In The Water
- 15 Funky, Uniquely Futuristic Products For The Open Water