Legion of Ocean Heroes
Legion of Ocean Heroes are patrons who create a supplemental, financial support system that enables the Bruckner Chase Ocean Positive to pursue its mission to positively impact how individuals feel, think and act towards the oceans, through myriad activities from aquatic expeditions to ocean conservation programs.
- Ocean Heroes who contribute US$5 or more per month receive a Legion of Ocean Heroes keychain / dog tag.
- Ocean Heroes who contribute US$25 per month receive a hand-painted Samoan tapas print.
- Ocean Heroes who contribute US$50 - $100 per month receive one of two sized Samoan ‘Ava bowls or a unique piece from South Jersey artist and surfer, David Macomber of www.sharksugar.com.
- Ocean Heroes who contribute US$500 per month receive a unique hand-crafted ceremonial piece from American Samoa.
- Ocean Heroes who contribute US$1,000 per month become a patron who enables an American Samoa Ocean Hero to visit the East Coast to further their training as a lifeguard or budding ocean scientist.
Bruckner Chase is also known as Uila O Le Sami in American Samoa, is an environmentalist, adventure swimmer, ocean advocate, marathon swimmer, coach, speaker and writer who works closely with his wife Michelle Evans-Chase on a number of ocean awareness initiatives. His endurance career began in the early 1980's, and he competed his first Ironman distance triathlon in 1985 at the age of 19. Those early forays into endorphin nirvana led to a life long passion for discovering his own potential while encourage others to discover their own.
He created the innovative 2Samoas/1Ocean curriculum including the Toa o le Tai program together with his wife Michelle Evans-Chase, Ph.D. and participates in ocean swims, marathon swims, channel swims, lifeguard competitions, paddle board races, and waterman events like the John T. Goudy Memorial Rescue Races. He also runs the prone paddle boarding program in Upper Township, New Jersey for individuals with spinal injuries.
As a filmmaker, he created BlueJourney-Amerika Samoa - Stronger Together: The Waterman's Way about his ocean advocacy programs in Amerika Samoa. The film was accepted into the 2014 Beneath the Waves Film Festival.
Becky McGill, Bruckner Chase and Michelle Evans-Chase are the principals with the Ocean Swimming & Prone Paddleboarding program for Athletes with Spinal Cord Injuries together with the Bacharach Rehabilitation Hospital, and the City of Upper Township. They help individuals with spinal cord injuries learn how to move through the water and guides open water prone paddleboarding and swimming sessions. This Ocean City Swim Club / Bacharach Rehabilitation Hospital Swimming and Paddling Unified Team Program is a nominee for the 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- Ocean First Banks On Bruckner
- Oreos Melting In Your Mouth In The Open Water
- Bruckner Chase on Open Water Wednesday
- Bruckner Chase official website
- American Samoa to Utilize Its 3000-Year History With The Ocean
- Ocean City Swim Club website
- Open Water Swimming
- Inaugural Aunu'u to Utulei Relay
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offerings of the Year Nominations
- Toa o le Tai Program, Offering of the Year Nominee
- Swimming, the Most Complete Enjoyment, Professionally
- Ocean City Awash By Hurricane Sandy
- Abling The Disabled Both In And Out Of The Water
- Are Open Water Swimmers Watermen?
- The Euphoria Of Cold Water Swimming
- Swimming Fast And Slow With Stops Between
- Uila O Le Sami Returns To American Samoa
- Tasting Love In The Open Water
- Creating Lightning In The Ocean
- Fearsome, Ferocious, Fickle Farallones Awaits The Irish
- Fearsome, Ferocious, Fickle Farallons Awaits South Africa
- Publicizing Heroes And Heroines Of Open Water Swimming
- What Is An Ocean Advocate?
- Ph.D. From Penn Powers Positivity
- Finding True Love In The Open Water
- Marathon Swimming
- FINA Formally Approves 31°C Rule
- Keeping Alive The Lifeguard Legacy Of John T. Goudy
- Chasing The Ocean Life For Those With Spinal Injuries
- Ocean City Swim Club Unified Team
- 1 + 1 > 2 In The Open Water Swimming World
- All The More Reason To Be Able To Swim
- Open Water Swimming In The Special Olympics
- World Summer Games Ready To Go
- Divisioning Rounds Of The World Summer Games
- Truly Special Finish In The Open Water
- Andrew Smilley Wins Special Olympics
- World Summer Games To Be Held In Los Angeles
- Blossoming Like A Rose In The RCP Tiburon Mile
- Replacing Discrimination With Smiles
- Tim Shriver, A Great Friend Of Open Water Swimming
- Spills, Splashes, And Smiles At The World Summer Games
- The Legacy Of Eunice Shriver In The Open Water
- Swimming And Storytelling To Inspire The Next Generation
- Swimming And Paddle Boarding With Spinal Injuries
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- You Are A Newbie Swimmer If...
- Open Water Swimming Predictions For 2014
- Surface Chop In Oceans versus Lakes
- Navigating With The First Couple Of Open Water Swimming
- Dods Does Distance - Swimming 24 Hours In San Francisco
- Creating Transformative Ocean Experiences
- Balance, Power And Serenity In The Open Water
- Schick Hydro Coolangatta Gold Pushes The Limits
- American Samoa - Stronger Together: The Waterman's Way
- Bits And Pieces From Farallon Islands History
- Are You Are Ocean Hero?
- Bacharach Rehabilitation Hospital
- BlueJourney Traverses The Open Water And Film Worlds
- Blue Journey, An American Samoa Documentary In Scotland
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Bruckner Chase Presents Aquatic Adventures
- Legion Of Ocean Heroes