Daniel Douglas Di Pierro
Daniel Douglas Di Pierro is a 29-year-old Italian open water swimmer from Bari.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He completed a 22 km crossing on 2 July 2016, Vulcano Island to Capo Calavá (Sicilia-Italy), in 5 hours and 53 minutes, he was escorted by Giovanni Fiannacca of Colapesce I.
- He completed an unprecedented 32 km two-way crossing of the Strait of Bonifacio on 5 July 2017 between Sardinia-Corsica-Sardinia in 9 hours 33 minutes (4 hours 38 minutes on the first leg and 5 hours 5 minutes on the return). He was escorted by pilot Tommaso Muntoni of Diving Mediterraneo.
- He completed an 5 hour and 57 minutes,21 km tandem swim around Argentario Mountain in Toscana, Italy with Frank Muscarà in August 2018.
- He tried an unprecedented 30 km crossing on 22 September 2018, from Bisceglie to Bari, it was aborted due to weather conditions after 26 km and 10 hours of swimming, it was escorted by his mister Lorenc Feleqi and by Ruggiero Messina.
- On 16 May 2019, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 4 hours 8 minutes in 16.6°C water.
- On 28 August 2019, he crossed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 13 hours 10 minutes in 18°C to 20°C water.
- In July 2018, he placed 2nd in the Italian Masters Championships 10 km race.
- In September 2021, he placed 2nd in the 17 km Worthersee race from Velden to Klagenfurt.