Alex Fong Lik Sun (方力申) is an actor and pool and open water swimmer from Hong Kong.
Swimming Career Highlights
- He represented Hong Kong in 2000 Sydney Olympics for 200m backstroke and 400m individual medley. He is still the national record holder for these two events from that Olympic which hasn't been broken yet.
- He won the 15 km Clean Half Extreme Marathon Swim in Hong Kong in 3 hours 44 minutes on 4 October 2019.
- He won the 2019 Double Clean Half in Hong Kong on 4 October 2019.
- He set the record of 10 hours 43 minutes 6 seconds on 5 November 2019 for the 45 km HK360 Swim around Hong Kong Island in the 30°C water and raised HK$7 million (US$893,461) for A Drop of Life, a local charity that brings clean drinking water to impoverished communities in Cambodia, China and Nepal.
- He finished 2nd overall and was the first solo swimmer to win the 15 km Cold Half Extreme Swim around Hong Kong Island on 21 February 2021 in 3 hours 29 minutes 7 seconds.
2019 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year Nomination
He was nominated for the 2019 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year award with the following nomination:
Alex Fong Lik-sun of Hong Kong completely took off swimming for 15 years after he represented his nation in the 200m backstroke and 400m IM at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. He transitioned his considerable talents - buoyed by an abundance of charisma - to dryland activities. Named one of the Ten Outstanding Young Persons in Hong Kong, he established a swimming school with the mission to Swim with Integrity and Meaning. After winning the 15 km Cold Half Extreme Marathon Swim, he later smashed the existing circumnavigation swim record around Hong Kong en route to becoming the 4th swimmer to complete the 45 km HK360 course in 10 hours 43 minutes. For returning to the swimming community with victories and records while inspiring many others to swim, for raising $4.5 million in donations in order to provide clean water to 450,000 Chinese citizens, and for diligently and tirelessly working as a role model for the next generation of swimmers and non-swimmers alike, Alex Fong Lik-sun is a worthy nominee for the 2019 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year.
- Cold Half Extreme Marathon Swim Is Next Week
- Solo And Together, Alex Fong Circles Hong Kong
- Solo versus Relay Records in the Channels
- Mayank Vaid Goes Around Hong Kong for the Second Time, Much Faster
- Cold Half, Cold Plunge, ColdXtreme Draw Hardened Swimmers In Hong Kong
- 2019 WOWSA Award Winners Announced
- Adherbal Treidler de Oliveira Is 2019 World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year
- Alex Fong Lik-sun Sets Record Around Hong Kong
- A Drop of Life
- How to Swim Around Hong Kong Island, Ocean Swimming Reborn
- Open Water Swimming
- Swimming Around Hong Kong Island