Tahiti Swimming Experience
The Tahiti Swimming Experience (or TSE) is a 5-day open water swimming event held in Tahiti and Mo'orea that was created by Stéphane Debaere. International pool swimmers and Olympic swimmers can discover open water swimming in Polynesian waters. It is one of the World's Top 100 Island Swims as named by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
1st Tahiti Swimming Experience
Several swimming champions from different nations participated in the Saison 1 at the Tahiti Swimming Experience between 5-16 October 2016 including Femke Heemskerk, Sarah Sjostrom, Natalie Coughlin, Florent Manaudou, Camille Lacourt, Frederick Bosquet, Giacomo Perez Dortona and Gregory Mallet who participated in the Super Sprint competition on 9 October.
2nd Tahiti Swimming Experience
Several swimming champions will participate in Saison 2 at the Tahiti Swimming Experience between 2-8 December 2018 including Aurélie Muller, Marc-Antoine Olivier, Logan Fontaine, Camille Lacourt, Stéphane Debaere and French Olympic coaches Philippe Lucas and Stephane Lecat. Saison 2 of the Tahiti Swimming Experience includes several events, marine conservation projects, and 3 ocean swims on 3 differents sites on Tahiti and Moorea islands:
- On 3 December 2018 a Tere Fa'ati Fatutira and Pebble Fishing on Tautira, Tahiti.
- On 4 December 2018, a Fa'atau Aroha Ceremony on Paea, Tahiti.
- On 5 December 2018, swim from Tahiti to Pointe Vénus (4 x 200m relay and a 5 km fun race and a 2 km ocean race from Mahina to Pointe Vénus).
- On 7 December 2018, swim from Moorea to Pointe Temae (4 x 200m relay and a 2 km and a 10 km Moz Coral Open Water Race from Haapiti – Tiahura).
- On 8 December 2018, swim from Tahiti to Taapuna (a 4 x 500m relay, a 2.5 km and a 5 km Taapuna Open Water race).
3rd Tahiti Swimming Experience
Saison 3 at the 2019 Tahiti Swimming Experience includes a 20 km ocean swim (nage en eau libre traversee in French) from Ta'apuna on Tahiti to Plage de Temae on Moorea in October 2019. The Tahitian Swimming Federation officially launched open water swimming in Polynesia with the support of the French Swimming Federation which supports this event in the EDF Tour Aqua Challenge - Tahiti to support open water swimming in French Polynesia.
Tahiti Swimming Experience is committed to minimizing the impact of its organization on the environment. By adopting responsible behavior and by raising the awareness of the general public, swimmers can help to preserve the marine environment more sustainably. The TSE is involved with two associations: Moorea Coral Garderners and Nana Sac Plastique to sustainably preserve coral gardens in Polynesia. Swimmers can adopt a coral and participate in the cuttings workshop in the lagoon of Temae in order to participate in the largest chain of safeguarding Tahiti's coral.
2018 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nomination
The Tahiti Swimming Experience was nominated for the 2018 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year by the World Open Water Swimming Association:
Stéphane Debaere’s roots are in Tahiti, where he created in collaboration with the Tahitian Swimming Federation, the Tahiti Swimming Experience, of which he is the godfather. The 7-day ocean swimming event combines various short relay swims with 2 km, 2.5 km, 5 km and 10 km coastal swim in both Tahiti and Mo'orea in French Polynesia. Local beginner swimmers, renowned Olympic medalists and veteran world champions join together to enjoy a number of different ocean courses in Tahiti's water that is literally a living aquarium. Olympic coaches including Philippe Lucas and Stéphane Lecat lend their expertise over a week in Tahiti and Mo'orea where cultural events and marine conservation projects are also available when swimming races are not held. For introducing a world-class open water extravaganza to the South Pacific islands of Tahiti and Mo'orea, for offering one of the world's most gorgeous ocean swims in warm, tropical waters, for enabling swimmers to preserve coral gardens by adopting a coral and participate in safeguarding Tahiti's coral, the Tahiti Swimming Experience by Stéphane Debaere & Tahitian Swimming Federation is a worthy nominee for the 2018 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- Nominate Your Favorite Product, Event, Movie Or Book For The 2019 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year
- Tahiti Swimming Experience Respecting Rāhui, Cutting Coral
- Saison 2 Of The Tahiti Swimming Experience
- Tahiti Swimming Experience
- EDF Aqua Challenge Paris
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Tahiti Swimming Experience Attracts Many of the Sport's Biggest Stars
- Open Water Swimming
- 2018 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- The Globalization Of Open Water Swimming
- Think, Plan, Do In The Open Water
- Tastes Good, Feels Great
- By The Hand Of God
- The Way To Success With Stéphane Lecat
- Open Water Swimming And Styling At Its Finest
- Positive Impact Of Moorea Coral Gardeners