Christian Ayala Espinosa is an open water swimmer and civil engineer from Puebla, Mexico who has competed in multiple sports. He achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 20 August 2017 in a charity series of open water swims.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 17 July 2010, he completed his first ocean swim, a 1.5 km swim in Veracruz, Mexico.
- On 22 September 2013, he crossed the English Channel from England to France in 17 hours 38 minutes at the age of 27.
- On 29 September 2015, he crossed the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 13 hours 59 minutes 16 seconds. His chosen charity, Una Nueva Esperanza, received one million pesos in fighting childhood cancer.
- On 20 August 2017, he finished sixth in the 28.5-mile (45.8 km) 20 Bridges Circumnavigation Swim of Manhattan in New York City in 7 hours 15 minutes 6 seconds.
Appeal for 20 Bridges Swim
Ayala supports the cancer-stricken children at the Una Nueva Esperanza Foundation with his marathon swims.
14-hour Training Swim
- Rodea poblano a nado isla de Manhattan por los niños con cáncer
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- New York Open Water
- New York Open Water Facebook page
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- FLASH! Swimming Around Manhattan Island Is On
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- 12 For 12 - Including Christian Ayala - Under 20 Bridges
- September 8th 20 Bridges Manhattan Island Swim
- Swimming Gave Christian Ayala Opportunities To Give Back
- Swimming Upstream Without A Paddle