noun - Chop is wave action at the surface of the open bodies of water caused by wind. These small, frequent, irregular wave action is irritating to open water swimmers because they can impede forward movement and can reduce visibility from the surface of the water.
The chop was the reason why he went a bit off-course.
- Facing Rough Water Out In The Open
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Hang On Above And Down Below
- Surface Chop In Oceans versus Lakes
- The Future Of Open Water: Nanobots And Navigation
- The Doctor Is In The House
- Words That Have Totally Different Meaning In The Water
- Swimming From The Sun To The Moon