noun - A carbon-neutral open water swim has a net zero carbon footprint. Carbon-neutral swims or Carbon-neutral Relays rely entirely on human power as opposed to motorized escort boats. Examples include open water swims or relays that are escorted by outrigger canoes, kayaks and/or paddle boards only.
The Clean Half marathon relay has a carbon-neutral relay where the swimmers rotate between swimming and paddling in an outrigger canoe for 15 kilometers.
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swimming In A Crater Lake With A Carbon-Neutral Escort
- Cold Half Relay And Sub 3 Squared Options Offered
- The Unsung Heroes Of Yesteryear's Atlantic City Race
- YakSwimmers Take To The Open Water In Hong Kong
- Cold Half Is The Wright Thing To Do