noun - Swim brief is a tight-fitting men's swim wear. Swim brief include any brand of racing swimsuits especially those worn in competitive swimming, water polo, open water swimming and diving competitions. The popularity of the Australian Speedo (established 1928) brand racing swimsuit has led to the use of its name to refer to any racing or swim brief regardless of the manufacturer. Swim briefs are made of fast-drying, form-fitting nylon and spandex (Lycra), polyester or other materials and are cut similar to underwear briefs.
Swim briefs are worn for various reasons including ease of movement in water, reduction of drag as compared to Board shorts, skin exposure, style, quick drying time, minimization of friction and water retention, and the ability to be worn under pants or shorts.
Speedo, Speedos, Swimsuit, Competition brief, Togs, Bathers, Racer bathers, Posing briefs, Racing brief, Banana hammock, Budgie smugglers, Bikini, Cossie, Swimmers, Swimming costume, Bathing costume, Bathing suit, Swimming trunks, Trunks, Grape smugglers, Sluggos
Brands and Manufacturers
- What Are The Ice Swimming Rules In The Winter Olympics?
- Speedo website
- TYR website
- Nike swimwear
- Swim Outlet website
- Arena International website
- Kiefer website
- AussieBum website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Being Exposed In The Water
- Jammin' Fast In The Open Water
- Should Ice Swimming Be In The Olympics? Yes!
- If Ice Swimming Were In The Olympics, What Are The Rules?
- What Is A Speedo Streaker?