noun - Swimsuit is a type of tight-fitting swim wear. Swimsuits include any brand of racing swim wear especially those worn in competitive swimming, water polo, lifesaving, open water swimming and diving competitions. The popularity of the Australian Speedo (established 1928) brand racing swimsuit has led to the use of its name to refer to any racing or swim brief regardless of the manufacturer. Swimsuits are made of fast-drying, form-fitting nylon and spandex (Lycra), polyester or other materials and are cut similar to underwear briefs.
Swimsuits are worn for various reasons including ease of movement in water, reduction of drag as compared to Board shorts, skin exposure, style, quick drying time, minimization of friction and water retention, and the ability to be worn under pants or shorts.
Speedo, Speedos, Swim brief, Competition brief, Togs, Bathers, Racer bathers, Posing briefs, Racing brief, Banana hammock, Budgie smugglers, Bikini, Cossie, Swimmers, Swimming costume, Bathing costume, Bathing suit, Swimming trunks, Trunks, Grape smugglers, Sluggos, swim trunks, bather, tog
Brands and Manufacturers
Wool Suits in the First Half of the 20th Century
- The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Open Water Swimmers 2022
- Peter Hancock Takes Swimming and Running To The Extreme
- What Makes the Best Training Suit for Open Water Swimmers
- The Swimming Evolution – From Briefs To Jammers
- How To Train For Open Water Swimming
- The Paradigm Of Time In The Open Water
- Chris Morgan Talks About Gennadi Touretski on WOWSA Live
- Swimming Eco Friendly With Adam Walker And Zoggs
- Ocean Walker Goggle Zoggs Predator Flex Polarized Ultra (with glow)
- Nike swimwear
- Swim Outlet website
- Arena International
- Kiefer website
- Open Water Swimming
- Consuming Cultures
- Marilyn Morgan
- Swimsuit History
- Swimming At The Olympics
- Swimwear To Shape Bodies And Minds
- Speedos Or Board Shorts: Swimmers vs. American Men
- Marilyn Morgan Delves Into The History Of Swimwear
- Marathon Swimming
- Jammin' Fast In The Open Water
- Swimsuit, Goggles, Swim Cap And Tape
- Why Open Water Swimmers Get Slimy, Slick And Slithery
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Dressing Up In Costumes On Terra Firma
- Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
- Within 50 Years Will It Be Crossed?
- 100 New Year's Resolutions For Open Water Swimmers
- Wool Swimsuits, How Cool!
- Swimming Fast Under FINA Rules
- 25 Things Well-Traveled Open Water Swimmers Have
- The Swimming Evolution - From Briefs To Jammers
- Far-out Futuristic Inventions For Swimmers
- Marathon Swimmers Federation To Test Stinger Suits
- When Are Stinger Suits Used?
- A Swimmer’s Account Across The Sea Of Cortez
- Veljko Rogošić's Moje Najteže Milje - His Hardest Mile
- What Is A Speedo Streaker?
- 50 Things To Do In The Open Water After 50
- Wise Words, Future Vision From The Hall Of Fame
- 15 Funky, Uniquely Futuristic Products For The Open Water
- Class of 2019 Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland
- Pure And Simple, A Silver Lining For Alexander Popov