Nevis to St. Kitts Cross-Channel Swim
The Nevis to St. Kitts Cross-Channel Swim, or the Bente Weber Memorial Swim, is a 2.5-mile (4 km) inter-island Caribbean Sea swim across the Narrows from Nevis to St. Kitts. It starts at Oualie Beach on Nevis with the finish at Cockleshell Bay on St. Kitts in an area known as the "Narrows".
In 2012, it also incorporates the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States open water swimming championships, 1 km ('Short Course') and 4 km ('Long Course') races on Nevis. It is a memorial swim as a tribute to the legacy of Bente Weber.
The event record was set by Olivier Marceau in a time of 58:09 in 2011. The men's record is held by Roger Brown in 1:05.38.
Country St. Kitts
Race Director Winston Crooke
Event Date: 21 March 2011
Website: StarMile 2.5 Nevis to St. Kitts Cross Channel Swim
- Swimming Across The Narrows From Nevis
- Nevis to St Kitts Cross Channel Swim 2015
- Channel Crossing In The Caribbean
- Nevis In A Nutshell
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- 2015 Nevis to St. Kitts Cross Channel Swim
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- Mini Channel Swimming Around The World
- Karlyn Pipes, David Carry, Keri-Anne Payne As Your Mentors
- Beautiful Awards From Nevis To St. Kitts
- Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 11
- Volcano Swims Around The World