Wayne Ewing is an Emmy Award-winning filmmaker best known for his acclaimed documentaries about Dr. Hunter S. Thompson. He is also filmed a documentary about Matthew Moseley and his 25-mile swim across Lake Pontchartrain in Louisiana called Dancing In The Water which is nominated for the 2014 WOWSA Awards' World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- THE BORDER WALL (2008) - The Border Wall examines the effect of a wall built along the US Mexico border. Activists argue that militarization of the border and the walls have simply driven undocumented aliens to cross through more dangerous terrain, causing the deaths of over 5000 people.
- LOUJON PRESS: THE OUTSIDERS OF NEW ORLEANS (2007) - This is the story of Lou & Jon Webb who published the avant garde magazine The Outsider and Charles Bukowski.
- BENCHED: THE CORPORATE TAKEOVER OF THE JUDICIARY (2006) - Follows the money in the most expensive Supreme Court race in history - Illinois in 2004.
- THE LAST CAMPAIGN (2004) - Nominated "Best Documentary Feature", exposes the nastiest Supreme Court race in history - West Virginia in 2004.
Documentary by Wayne Ewing.
Documentary by award-winning filmmaker Wayne Ewing.
2014 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nomination
"Music that weaves it way through the head of swimmers is an important experiential element of the sport of open water swimming. Music lifts one’s spirits, creates a diversion and enables a rhythm for open water swimmers. Matthew Moseley incorporated music into his unprecedented 14 hour 55 minute swim across Lake Pontchartrain and the documentary film that concurrently focuses on the recovery of the lake’s environment. Moseley identified the canvas, the Lake Pontchartrain Basin Foundation provided the framework, and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Wayne Ewing provided the content to create the emotive Dancing In The Water film. With the music of David Amram, Papa Mali, Alfred Uganda Roberts pulsating throughout, Moseley’s pioneering swim across Lake Pontchartrain set in motion an entertaining film that incorporates the restoration of a valuable marine resource. For producing an open water swimming film set to innovative imagery and sounds with an environmental focus, Dancing In The Water by Wayne Ewing and Matthew Moseley is a worthy nominee for the 2014 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year."
2014 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nominees
- 24 Hour Swim in San Francisco by Suzie Dods (U.S.A.)
- BlueJourney-Amerika Samoa -Stronger Together: The Waterman's Way by Bruckner Chase (U.S.A./Amerika Samoa)
- Step Out Of The Ordinary Blue Letter Campaign by Pádraig Mallon (Ireland)
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation (U.S.A.)
- Dancing In The Water by Wayne Ewing and Matthew Moseley (U.S.A.)
- L.O.S.T. Swimming (Lake Ontario Swim Team) by Rob Kent (Canada)
- Morrison Report by Evan Morrison for Marathon Swimmers Federation (international)
- Nadandolibre Radio Show - Marcador Show by José Díaz and Alessi Pérez (Spain)
- Ola Vista Photography by Mike Lewis (U.S.A.)
- Rei e Rainha do Mar (King and Queen of the Sea) by Pedro Rego Monteiro (Brazil)
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge by Kent Nicholas (U.S.A.)
- The Greatest Englishman by Marathon Films (Great Britain)
- The Torture Swim by 60 Minutes Sports (U.S.A./Ireland)
- The Vertical Swim Trainer by Genadijus Sokolovas (U.S.A./Lithuania)
- Uaimh an tSolais & Uaimh na nÉan by Sam Krohn with Donal Buckley (Australia/Ireland)
- Wayne Ewing Films
- Save Our Lake website
- Preparing To Paddle Across Pontchartrain
- Swim My Brother Swim On Lake Pontchartrain
- The Long And Short Of Training For Lake Pontchartrain
- Going Fast To Go Far
- Training For The Big Swim Across Lake Pontchartrain
- Gator Doesn't Stop Matthew Moseley From The 'Train
- Dancing In The Water By Wayne Ewing
- Music Moving Moseley
- 2014 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nominees
- 2014 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year Nominees
- 2014 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees
- 2014 WOWSA Awards Nominees
- 2014 World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year Nominees
- Dancing In The Water Movie Premiere
- A Masterpiece Of Marathoning And Melody