World Swimming Association
noun - The World Swimming Association (WSA) is a global organization that is trying to improve the global governance of the sport of swimming. The organization ratified on 2 September 2017 was backed by a unanimous vote of approval from more than 650 coaches in September 2015 at the American Swimming Coaches Association and World Swimming Coaches Association annual meeting. Its purpose is to offer an alternative governing body to FINA, an IOC-recognized governing body of aquatic sports since 1908. It works together with the Professional Swimmers Association and the World Open Water Swimming Association.
To be Athlete Centered, Administratively Transparent, and Professionally Managed.
- George Block, President of the World Swimming Coaches Association
- John Leonard, Executive Director of the World Swimming Coaches Association
- Acronyms In The Open Water Swimming World
- Coaches More Salute The Dawn Of The WSA, A New Era Of Swimming Governance
- Will FINA Be Replaced By WSA?
- Will World Swimming Association Dive Into The Open Water?
- World Swimming Association Is Launched
- World Swimming Association
- World Open Water Swimming Association