(Redirected from Victor Guillermo Contreras)
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He is an ice swimmer who swam across the 5 km Strait of Magellan in 1980 at the age 32 in 1 hour 28 minutes 6 seconds on 18 February 1979. His son Victor Contreras Fajardo also swam across the Strait of Magellan at the age of 14.
- He swam across the Beagle Channel in 1980.
- He crossed the Strait of Gibraltar on 30 August 1981 in 3 hours 27 minutes at the age of 34.
- He swam around the Deception Island near the Antarctic Peninsula in February 1987.
- He completed a 4.8 km crossing of the Strait of Magellan in 1 hour 28 minutes in February 1979.
- He completed a crossing of the English Channel in 1982 in 12 hours 2 minutes.
- He serves as a mentor and coach to extreme swimmers like Julieta Nuñez.
- He completed a 5 km swim from Herschel Island to Cape Horn Island.
- Men And Women Of The Strait Of Magellan
- Estrecho de Gibraltar
- El ÚLTIMO ALETAZO DEL TIBURÓN CONTRERAS
- Water World Swim coaches
- Tiburón Likes Cold Water
- What Are Swimmers Known As?
- A Dream Series Of Swim In Patagonia With Nuala Moore
- Meeting Of The Oceans, Swim With No Land East Or West
- Cold Water Crossings With Patagonia Swim
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association