Sado Channel Relay
- On 13 June 2018, Kumiko Koizumi, Masamichi Taniuchi, Tamotsu Yoshida, Noriko Kawasaki, Minori Tanaka, Takaomi Modegi, Yukie Makino, Terumi Nakayama and Satoko Murata completed a 43 km crossing of Sado Channel from Sado Island to Niigata Prefecture on the Japanese mainland in 13 hours 7 minutes 4 seconds.
- On 12 June 2019, Team Ocean Navi including wetsuited swimmers Taku Wakabayashi, Eri Obiya, Saki Watanabe, Hiroto Kagami, Takaomi Modegi, Masamichi Taniuchi, Kumiko Koizumi, Aya Kurano, Yasuko Takeda, Mayumi Doi, Tanomi Muraki and Nishina Yuichi completed a 12 hour 24 minute 40 km crossing of the Sado Channel from Sado Island to the Honshu mainland observed by Masayuki Moriya with the support of Honma Motoko.
Sado Island to Honshu
Ocean Navi team of Kumiko Koizumi, Masamichi Taniuchi, Tamotsu Yoshida, Noriko Kawasaki, Minori Tanaka, Takaomi Modegi, Yukie Makino, Terumi Nakayama and Satoko Murata completed a relay crossing of the Sado Channel from Sado Island to the Japanese mainland of Honshu in 13 hours 7 minutes 4 seconds on 13 June 2018.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- The 14th Shonan open water swimming 10 km competition that placed on 26 Aug 2017 was too difficult to finish. It was about 70 percent athlete could not finish the race due to big waves. Modegi was one of finishers of this tough race. Astonishingly, this race was the first open water swimming in his career.
- Modegi finished 2nd place of 1500m Japan Masters Open Water Swimming Championship, age 40-44, that placed on 9 September 2018. At this championship, Modegi belonged with Sun Matsuda SC.
- Modegi was a member of Team Tonatsu or チーム都夏, a 3-person relay that swam across the Tsugaru Channel from Honshu to Hokkaido in northern Japan on 13 July 2020 in 10 hours 40 minutes 29 seconds. Its members included Modegi, Kumiko Koizumi, and Yukie Makino.
Tsugaru Channel Relay Crossing
- Takaomi Modegi, Kumiko Koizumi, Yukie Makino Complete Tsugaru Crossing
- Ocean Navi
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Sado Channel Crossing
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swell Swimming Across Sado
- Swimming From Sado To Shore
- Shonan Open Water Swimming
- Japan Masters Swimming Association