Syamala Goli is a 47-year-old open water swimmer from Hyderabad, Telangana State, India. Professionally, she is a producer, creative director and writer to animation series and movies. She is a founder of an animation company in Hyderabad.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She started swimming at the age of 44 in order to overcome from aquaphobia. She was trained and coached by Rajiv Trivedi and Ayush Yadav.
- She completed the 13 km Ganga Open Water Swim in Patna, India.
- In 2019, she swam across Krishna River in Vijayawada, River Ganga in Patna and River Hooghly in Kolkata.
- She competed at the 2020 FINA World Masters Championship in South Korea.
- She competed at the 2019 National Open Water Ganga River Swimming Championships.
- She participated at the 2019 open swimming championships held at Porbandar, Gujarat, India.
- On 19 March 2021, she swam across the Palk Strait in 13 hours 43 minutes between Talimannar, Sri Lanka and Danushkodi, India at the age of 47 after a delay due to the COVID-19 pandemic in a crossing observed by the Swimming Federation of India.
- Learning How To Swim, From Aquaphobia To Aqua Crush
- Syamala Goli Becomes Animated Across Her Aquatic Success
- Hyderabad Woman Becomes World's Second Female To Swim Palk Strait
- 47-year-old Indian Lady Symala Goli Swim Palk Strait
- Telugu Swimmer From Samarthakotta Shyamala Goli Profile, Journey To Top
- At 47, Telangana woman swims across the Palk Strait, sets eyes on crossing English Channel next
- Woman swims from Talaimannar to Arichalmunai
- Woman Swims From Sri Lanka to India across the Palk Strait