Suva is featured for the month of August in the 2015 MSF Calendar.
January: Anthony McCarley, English Channel. Photo by Roger Taylor.
February: Santa Barbara Channel. Photo by Theo Schmeeckle.
March: Ted Erikson at Promontory Point, Chicago. Photo by Louise LeBourgeois.
April: Sarah Thomas at The Arc, USA. Photo by Ken Classen.
May: Underway at Lake Willoughby, USA. Photo by Phil White.
June: Grace van der Byl at MIMS 2014, USA. Photo by John Humenik.
July: Navigation, Lake Pend Oreille, USA. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
August: Suva off Cap Gris Nez, English Channel. Photo by Zoe Sadler.
September: Applegate Lake 10K Start, USA. Photo by Peter Ray.
October: Bethany Bosch & Guri at Lake Willoughby. Photo by Phil White.
November: Round Christiansborg, Denmark. Photo by Samuel Tyson.
December: Nightswimming, Ireland. Photo by Donal Buckley.
Suva is the capital of the South Pacific island nation of Fiji. It's a city of broad avenues, lush parks and grand British colonial buildings, such as the Suva City Library. Suva's colorful, lively Municipal Market offers a range of local fruit and vegetables. Fiji Museum, set within the Victorian-era Thurston Gardens, contains examples of traditional canoes, war clubs and tattooing tools. Fiji is site of the Fiji Swims and Fiji Pearls Swim as well as numerous other swim safaris, swim treks, and open water swimming camps.
- Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation
- Sally Minty-Gravett Completes Legendary, Epic Two-Way
- Fiji Swims
- Fiji Pearls Swim
- An Open Water Gem – Fiji Pearls Ocean Swim
- Fluid, Balanced And Streamlined In The Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- I Got Stung Jellyfish database
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Great Places To Swim - Part 1
- Plasticity Pacific, Get Involved