Steve Butler is a USA Triathlon Certified Race Director, USAT Level 1 Certified Coach, is adult CPR/AED certified, and is a Florida Registered Pharmacist. He is a member of the Manasota Track Club and is a founding member of the Sarasota Storm Tri Club, serving as a 2 year President, currently Vice-President, and board member since 2005.
A 3x Ironman, Butler has 10 years of triathlon and open water swimming experience both racing and organizing, coordinating swim courses for Rev3, Pan American Masters Swimming, Tropical Splash, Florida International Triathlon, Pan American Triathlon Confederation and Nathan Benderson Park, and is the Race Director for the Storm Challenge & The Island Mile, Siesta Key Triathlon, and Rev3 Florida Kids Triathlon and Swim Around Lido Key.
2017 Swim Around Lido Key
Butler helped co-race direct the 7-mile (11.2 km) Swim Around Lido Key event in Sarasota, Florida, site of the 2017 USMS Marathon Distance Open Water National Championship on 22 April 2017.
- FLOW Swimming
- Swim Around Lido Key Facebook page
- Red Flag Goes Up, Swim Around Lido Key Cancelled
- Circumnavigation Swim Around Lido Key
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association