Seven Mile Beach
Seven Mile Beach is a long crescent of coral-sand beach on the western shore of Grand Cayman Island in the Cayman Islands. It is site to numerous open water swims including the Flowers Sea Swim and various other sea swims organized by the Cayman Islands Amateur Swimming Association.
Seven Mile Beach is world renowned for its beauty, safety and ease of swimming. It received the honor of "The Caribbean's Best Beach" from Caribbean Travel and Life Magazine. It is the most popular and most developed area of Grand Cayman and home to the majority of the island's luxury resorts, hotels and villas.
Despite the name, the beach is about 5.5 miles (8.9 kilometers) long and falls victim to annual erosion, which has reduced its size in some areas.
Directly to the south of Seven Mile Beach is George Town, the capital city of the Cayman Islands, while to the north is the district of West Bay, which features a turtle farm and the limestone formations of Hell.
World's Best Open Water Swimming Towns
- World's Best Beach & Open Water Swimming Towns
- Aerial Photography Above Seven Mile Beach
- Olympic Fever In The Cayman Islands
- Joey Pedraza Edges Jordan Wilimovsky
- Elizabeth Berns Makes A Splish In The Cayman Islands
- Alexandra Mia Burke And Mother Complete Flowers Sea Swim
- Olympians Finish 1-2-3 In Flowers Sea Swim
- Lots Of Smiles And Sunshine In Flowers Sea Swim
- Grand Cayman Island
- Grand Cayman Lifestyle
- Seven Mile Beach
- A Bouquet Of Flowers In The Cayman Islands - 3 For 3 In June
- Greatest Group Of Breaststrokers Doing Open Water
- Rebecca Soni Going Long In The Sea
- His Excellency The Governor Duncan Taylor Gives A High 5
- San Francisco Bay And Aquatic Park Are Hard To Beat
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Looking Up, Breathing And Enjoying Nature's Beauty
- Unbelievably Gorgeous, Awe-Inspiring Open Water Places
- Travel And Raise Money While Making Waves
- Win US$5000 And More In The Flowers Sea Swim
- Alex Meyer, Lexie Kelly Win Flowers Sea Swim
- Anup Itwar Working Wonders