Romano Mombelli (born 20 August 1992) is a Swiss open water swimmer coached by Andrea Gisiger at the Schwimmclub Solothurn/Natation Sportive Genève in Geneva, Switzerland. He attends the University of Geneva in Switzerland. His goal is to achieve the Oceans Seven.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He crossed the Strait of Gibraltar on 5 April 2014 in 3 hours 57 minutes
- He set a record crossing Lake of Brienz in Switzerland on 5 September 2015, 16 km in 3 hours 18 minutes as the first person to swim the lake against the current
- He finished 3rd place at the Swiss Championships Open Water 2015 - 10 km in 2 hours 17 minutes
- He participated in the 40th Faros Marathon in Croatia - 16 km
- He attempted a crossing of the Molokai Channel on 12 October 2015