Professor Go Takahashi (高橋伍郎, born 1937 in Tokyo, Japan) is a Japanese professor emeritus at the University of Tsukuba (筑波大学名誉教授) and promoter of open water swimming in Japan. He is a pool and open water swimmer as well as the chairman of the Across Kasumigaura tandem lake swim in Ibaraki Prefecture. He also serves as the Auditor of the Japan Masters Swimming Association and competed in the pool events at the FINA World Masters Swimming Championships in the USA, Canada, Australia, Brazil, UK and Italy.
Open Water Swimming
He has helped organize the following open water swimming events in Japan:
- between 1986-2018 at the Across Kasumigaura 2 km tandem open water swim in Ibaraki as its chairman of the board.
- 2018 at the World Lake Conference in Kyoto, he swam 2 km to demonstrate the sport of open water swimming.
- 1987 - 2018 at the Joyful Athletic Club Swim Marathon in Ibaraki, Japan 10 km
- 1994, 6-person 10 km relay in Lake Inawashiro, Fukushima Prefecture
- 1995, 6-person 10 km relay in Lake Saroma, Hokkaido
- 1995, 6-person 27 km relay in Lake Kasumigaura, Ibaraki Prefecture
- 1996, 6-person 10 km relay in Shimantogawa River, Kochi Prefecture
- 1997, 6-person 16 km relay in Lake Shinji, Shimane Prefecture
- 1998, 6-person 16 km relay in Lake Biwa, Shiga Prefecture
- 1999, 6-person 12 km relay in Lake Tazawa, Akita Prefecture
- 2001, 6-person 20 km relay in from Awashima to Nezugaseki, Niigata Prefecture
- 2002, 6-person 11 km relay in Lake Inawashiroko, Fukushima Prefecture
- 2003, 6-person 27 km relay in Lake Kasumigaura, Ibaraki Prefecture
- 2004, 6-person 16 km relay in Lake Hamana, Shizuoka Prefecture
- 2005, 6-person 10 km in Lake Nojiri, Nagano Prefecture
- 2006, 6-person 10 km in Lake Mikatagoko, Fukui Prefecture
- 2007, 6-person 15 km in Lake Ogawara, Aomori Prefecture