The Potomac River is located along the mid-Atlantic Ocean coast of the United States and flows into the Chesapeake Bay. The river is approximately 405 miles long, with a drainage area of about 14,700 square miles.
Open Water Swimming
- The Potomac River 7.5 Mile Swim for the Environment is held in the Potomac River.
- 2.3 km Washington's Crossing: Swim Across the Potomac is held in the Potomac River.
- 33 km DC Marathon Swim is held in the Potomac River.
- DC Marathon Swim Season Concludes With More Success
- DC Marathon Swim
- Swimming In Intrepid Water: Eric Schall’s Marathon Swim Story
- Andie Nelson Wins DC Marathon Swim
- Suzanne Heim-Bowen Wins DC Marathon Swim
- The New DC Marathon Swim, Pioneered by James Loreto And Denis Crean
- A Snapshot Of American Open Water Swimming Pre-1926
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming