Patrick Lamontagne is a kayaker who helped guide Chloë McCardel to an unprecedented 124.4 km (77.3 mile), 41 hour 21 minute marathon swim from Lighthouse Beach on the southern tip of Eleuthera Island in the Bahamas to Nassau between 20-22 October 2014 that was completed under Marathon Swimmers Federation rules. Her swim was reason for McCardel to be nominated for the 2014 World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year.
Chloë McCardel Support Crew
Her support crew included:
- escort pilots Ron Knight and Malcolm Goodman
- crew members Paul McQueeney and Ken Dixon
- shark safety crew of Andy Olday, Mackey Violich, Candice Brittain, Alp Gökgöz, and Beth McKenna
- kayakers Niles Furlong, Patrick Lamontagne, Liz Shingsby, Patty Lee, Allison Baldwin, and EMT Jai Leal
- Marathon Swimmers Federation observers David Barra and Brianne Yeates.