Île d'Oléron is an island off the Atlantic coast of France (due west of Rochefort), on the southern side of the Pertuis d'Antioche strait.
Open Water Swimming
- Île d'Oléron is site of one of the Triple Break swims (Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims), where swimmers challenge themselves to escape by swimming at least 3 of the world's most well-known prison island swims including Le Château d’If, Fort Boyard, Devil's Island, Île de Gorée, Robben Island, Alcatraz Island, Spike Island, Rottnest Island, and Sainte-Marguerite.
- Jacques Tuset completed a prison island swim by swimming from Île d'Oléron to France.
- It is one of the World's Top 100 Island Swims.
- Triple Break - Global List Of Prison Island Swims
- Triple Break Grows To Worldwide Prison Island Swims
- Jacques Tuset Makes An Escape In The Ice
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Jacques Tuset Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- Jacques Tuset, The World's Greatest Escape Artist
- World's Greatest Escape Artist Swims From Angel Island