Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- From 1996 to 2002, he was a member of the French national open water swimming team.
- In 1997, he finished 2nd overall in the FINA World Cup marathon swimming circuit.
- In 1988, he finished 5th overall in the FINA World Cup marathon swimming circuit.
- On 1 March 1998, he finished 2nd in the 38 km Maratón Acuática Internacional Miramar-Mar del Plata held along the coast of Argentina.
- Between 29 November and 4 December 2016, he finished 6th overall and 3rd in the bioprene division in the 30 km Morocco Swim Trek Sahara Edition, a 6-day, 4-stage swim of 6.5 km, 8.5 km, 10 km and 5 km in the Sahara Desert.
- On 4 June 2017, he won the bioprene division of a 2.5 km race from Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay in 31 minutes 17 seconds among 800 participants.
- On 4 August 2018, he completed a 12 km crossing of lac Tremblant in 2 hours 36 minutes 19 seconds.
- On 22 February 2019, he participated in the Memphremagog Winter Swimming Festival in Lake Memphremagog in -1°C water.
- On 15 June 2019, he completed a 14.4 km crossing of the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco on 15 June 2019 ratified by the Asociación Cruce a Nado del Estrecho de Gibraltar. He set both the French and Canadian record in 3 hours 17 minutes 19 seconds, breaking the old record of 3 hours 17 minutes 49 seconds at the age of 45 in the 17.5°C water.
- On 15 August 2020, he completed the La Grande Traversée in the St. Lawrence River in Québec, Canada.
- Nicolas Knap
- Aleksey Akatyev Talks About Open Water And Coaching On WOWSA Live
- Nicolas Knap To Attempt A Crossing Started By Jacques Amyot
- Petar Stoychev Won Before Darkness Fell
- Retour sur la Traversée du détroit de Gibraltar 2019
- Nicolas Knap Returns To Form In The Open Water
- Morocco Swim Sahara Edition
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Open Water Swimming
- Stage Swimming Along The Sands Of Morocco
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio