Michael Reilly is a 40-year-old American open water swimmer from San Jose, California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 29 June 2019, he completed the 10 km Bridge to Bridge in San Francisco Bay, California in 2 hours 56 minutes 30 seconds at the age of 37.
- On 1 August 2020, he swam 19.4 km across Lake Tahoe from Cave Rock to Tahoe Pines in 9 hours 27 minutes 28 seconds at the age of 38.
- On 17 April 2021, he pioneered a 19.5 km crossing of the Carquinez Strait from Roe Island to Mare Island in 3 hours 51 minutes 52 seconds in 59°F at the age of 39.
- On 26-29 April 2022, he competed in the SCAR Swim Challenge, a 4-day stage swim in Arizona, completing the 12 km Saguaro Lake crossing.
- On 8 October 2022, he completed the 16.6 km Swim the Suck in Tennessee finishing in 5 hours 4 minutes 24 seconds.
- On 26-29 April 2023, he will compete in the SCAR Swim Challenge, a 4-day stage swim in Arizona at the age of 40.
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Stephen Key Forges An Iron Mask Swimmer
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - WOWSA
- Taking KAATSU To The Extreme - KAATSU blog
- SCAR Swim: A Logistical Nightmare Is A Dream Come True
- SCAR Swim: Day 4 Across Roosevelt Lake
- SCAR Swim: Day 3 on Apache Lake
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 1
- SCAR Swim – T Minus 2
- Shannon Keegan Talks With SCAR Swimmers
- 2022 SCAR Swim Psych Sheets Posted
- Steve Sutton's Pool at Zuma Beach
- Michael Rice to Defend His SCAR Title Against Some Fast, Fast People in Arizona
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- Michael Rice, Ned Denison Discuss The SCAR Swim Challenge On WOWSA Live
- Lake Monster Gives Water Temps Across USA
- Jamie Tout DEFCON Training
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Open Water Swimming