noun - Mermaid swimming is an open water swim with either a mermaid costume on or use of monofins without using one's arms to swim or pull in order to assist in forward movement (progress). Forward progress is accomplished by simply undulating one's core and lower body.
World Record Mermaid Swim
- Merle Liivand completed a 10 km mermaid swim at the WOWSA Ocean Fest in 2 hours 54 minutes 7 seconds in Redondo Beach, California on 6 October 2019.
- Merle Liivand completed a solo 6.4 km Mother Earth Swim around the Venetian Islands in Miami, Florida on 9 May 2020.
- Merle Liivand completed a solo 20.66 km mermaid swim in 6 hours 8 minutes 27 seconds in Biscayne Bay, Miami, Florida on 20 August 2020.
- Merle Liivand completed a solo 30 km mermaid swim on 17 April 2021 in Miami Beach, Florida to set the longest mermaid swim in 9 hours 19 minutes.
30 km Mermaid Swim
- What Is Open Water Swimming?
- Swimming Styles Times Seven
- Merle Liivand’s Day In Miami
- Merle Moves Mermaid Swim To Miami
- MERMAID Birthday World Record attempt to save Oceans
- World Record 30 KM mermaid swim for 30th Birthday
- 30-30-30: Merle To Attempt Mermaid Swim World Record In The Bahamas
- Merle Liivand Completes 20 km Mermaid Swim
- Merle The Mermaid Completes The First Mother Earth Swim
- Celebrate The Mother Earth Swim On Mother’s Day
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming