Matautu Island Swim
The Matautu Island Swim is a 3.5 km (2.2-mile) ocean swim held on 11 May 2016 and swim #5 of the Five Islands Challenge (aka The Five Islands) that includes a total of 24 km in distance and 5 ocean swims conducted over 4 days between 11-14 May 2016.
It is one of the World's Top 100 Island Swims.
Five Islands Challenge
The 5 ocean swims include the following swims:
- Swim 1: 7.4 km (4.6-mile) Manono Island Swim on 11 May 2016. It is a return swim (out-and-back swim) to Manono Island: 3.7 km (2.3 miles) one way and the same on the return.
- Swim 2: 5 km (3.1-mile) Fanuatapu - Namu'a Islands Swim on 12 May 2016. The swim starts on the mainland and out to Fanuatapu Island, then a sharp left to finish at Namu'a Island.
- Swim 3: 5 km (3.1-mile) Namu'a Island to Lalomanu Swim on 12 May 2016 as part 2 of Day 2. Start at Namu'a Island and swim to Lalomanu.
- Swim 4: 5.3 km (3.3-mile) Nu'usafe'e Island Swim on 13 May 2016. Start at Tafatafa and go with the current to Nu'usafe'e island before heading to the finish at Poutasi village.
- Swim 5: 3.5 km (2.2-mile) Matautu Island Swim on 14 May 2016. Start and finish in the deep sheltered water of Falefa Bay.
- Reserve swim: 4 km course on Albatross Island at Saoluafata Bay.
Samoa Swim Series
- Samoa Swim Series, Simply Splendid
- Pacific Open Water Challenge
- Five Islands Challenge
- Savai'i Excursion
- The Five Islands
- Upolu-Savai'i Swim
- Samoa Swim Series Facebook page
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- World Open Water Swimming Association