Martin Goodman is a South African open water swimmer from Cape Town who attempted to swim 35 km from Hout Bay to Robben Island together with Theodore Yach in 2013. He did not complete the first 2 attempts, but completed the third attempt when he swam 7 hours 16 minutes from Llandudno Beach to Robben Island together with Theodore Yach on 8 April 2014. Martin has completed 25 Robben Island crossings including a 4 hour 20 minute crossing from Three Anchor Bay to Robben Island and a double crossing from Robben Island to Blouberg on 28 December 2013 together with Theodore Yach and Roger Finch.
He was the founder of The Swim Of Courage that raises money for children living with cancer and serves on the board of directors of the Cape Long Distance Swimming Association - the governing body that endorses and recognises long distance, open water swims in South Africa.
Goodman is the director Of Torus Capital, an insurance company that offers new and dynamic insurance solutions.
Robben Island Crossing on Super Swimmer
- Olympic Gold Raffle Winners Announced
- The ICE Series Episode 1 with Dr. Otto Thaning: Heart and Hypothermia in The Ice
- How Ice Swimmers Achieve the Impressive, Improbable, and Inconceivable
- How High Is Your Navigational IQ In The Open Water?
- The Future Is Now After 80 Years
- Swim4Charity From Hout Bay To Robben Island
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 3 Amigos Have A Real Adventure In The Open Water
- Big Day Out On The Ocean (Atlantic Division)
- Big Day Out On The Ocean (Pacific Division)
- Llandudno Beach To Robben Island By Yach And Goodman
- Theodore Yach Closing In On 100
- Railroading In The Ocean