Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He is a member of the British Long Distance Swimming Association.
- He is a member of the Sandycove Island Swimming Club.
- He is a member of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation.
- On 25 August 2010 he swam his first Lake Windermere, England (10.5 miles) in a time of 5 hours 58 minutes, the following year on the same date (Capt Webb Day) he again swam Lake Windermere this time in both directions (21 miles) in a time of 13 hours 50 minutes.
- In 2014 he swam Windermere in 5 hours 46 minutes.
- He regularly escorts newcomers to swim Windermere and Coniston either by boat or kayak.
- He trains in the North Sea off The North East of England nr Hartlepool, and several local venues including lakes and rivers.
- On 23 February 2013, he finished 175th in the 19.7 Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 8 hours 27 minutes 28 seconds at the age of 41.
- On 27 February 2016, he finished 266th in the 19.7 Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 8 hours 38 minutes 12 seconds at the age of 44.
- On 25 February 2017, he finished 193rd in the 19.7 Rottnest Channel Swim in Western Australia in 8 hours 41 minutes 47 seconds at the age of 45.
- On 25 March 2017, he finished 16th in the 25 Port to Pub Swim in Australia in 9 hours 38 minutes 46 seconds at the age of 45.
- On 12 July 2018, he completed a crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 16 hours 7 minutes at the age of 46.
Swim The English Channel Blog
His website/blog tells of the journey to Swim The English Channel.