Marc-Antoine Daniel Frede Olivier
Marc-Antoine Daniel Frede Olivier (born 18 June 1996 in Denain, France) is a 25-year-old French pool and open water swimmer and 2016 Olympic athlete in the 10 km marathon swim where he won the bronze medal. He is coached by Philippe Lucas.
- 1 Open Water Swimming Career
- 2 2020 Tokyo Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Results
- 3 FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
- 4 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships
- 5 FINA /CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
- 6 2016 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Results
- 7 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees
- 8 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nomination
- 9 External links
Open Water Swimming Career
- He won the bronze medal in the 2016 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim on Copacabana Beach on Rio de Janeiro
- He qualified for the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games by placing 6th in the 10 km marathon swim at the 2016 FINA World Swimming Championships in Kazan, Russia
- He won the FINA/HOSA 10 km Marathon Swimming World Cup in Abu Dhabi, UAE on 26 February 2016
- He won the 5 km race at the 2016 USA Swimming National Open Water Swimming Championships in Fort Myers, Florida
- He won the 5 km race at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships in Lake Balaton, Hungary on 15 July.
- He finished third in the 10 km race at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships in Lake Balaton, Hungary on 18 July.
- On 20 July 2017, he won the 5 km team relay race at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships in Lake Balaton, Hungary with David Aubry, Oceane Maryse Jeannie Cassignol, and Aurélie Muller.
- He was selected as FINA's Open Water Swimmer of the Year for 2017.
- On 7 August 2018, he finished 7th in the 5 km European Championships in Glasgow, Scotland.
- He finished 4th in the 10 km marathon swim at the 2018 European Championships in Loch Lomond, Scotland on 9 August 2018.
- He finished second in the 5 km race at the Tahiti Swimming Experience in Tahiti on 5 December 2018.
- On 31 March 2019, he won the LEN Open Water Cup 10 km race in Eilat, Israel.
- He competed on the 2019 FINA / CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Seychelles on 12 May 2019.
- On 15 February 2020, he won the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series race in Doha, Qatar in the Arabian Gulf in 1 hour 49 minutes 46.6 seconds at the age of 24.
- On 13 March 2021, he won the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Doha, Qatar in the Arabian Gulf.
- On 5 August 2021, he finished 6th in the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim in Odaiba Marine Park in Tokyo Bay at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games.
- He finished 6th in the 25 km FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series held in Lake Ohrid in North Macedonia on 21 August 2021 at the age of 25.
- On 21 August 2021, he won the 25 km FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series in Lake Ohrid in Northern Macedonia.
- On 12 December 2021, he won the 8th leg of the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Eilat, Israel.
- On 15 December 2021, he was disqualified in the 10 km 2021 FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series Grand Finale held in Yas Bay, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- On 15 December 2021, he finished 2nd in the 2021 FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series.
- He was the 12th highest point scorer in the 2021 FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series.
2020 Tokyo Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Results
Gold: Florian Wellbrock (Germany, 23) 1:48:33.70
Silver: Kristóf Rasovszky (Hungary, 24) 1:48:59.00
Bronze: Gregorio Paltrinieri (Italy, 26) 1:49:01.10
4. Matan Roditi (Israel, 22) 1:49:24.90
5. Athanasios Kynigakis (Greece, 22) 1:49:29.20
6. Marc-Antoine Olivier (France, 25) 1:50:23.00
7. Ferry Weertman (Netherlands, 29) 1:51:30.80
8. Michael McGlynn (South Africa, 21) 1:51:32.70
9. Hau-Li Fan (Canada, 23) 1:51:37.00
10. Jordan Wilimovsky (USA, 27) 1:51:40.20
11. Rob Muffels (Germany, 26) 1:53:03.30
12. Kai Graeme Edwards (Australia, 22) 1:53:04.00
13. Taishin Minamide (Japan, 25) 1:53:07.50
14. Mario Sanzullo (Italy, 28) 1:53:08.60
15. David Farinango (Ecuador, 20) 1:53:09.80
16. Phillip Seidler (Namibia, 23) 1:53:14.10
17. Daniel Delgadillo (Mexico, 31) 1:53:14.40
18. Alberto Martinez (Spain, 23) 1:53:16.50
19. Kirill Abrosimov (Russian Olympic Committee, 29) 1:54:29.30
20. Ous Mellouli (Tunisia, 37) 1:56:33.30
21. Vitaliy Khudyakov (Kazakhstan, 26) 1:57:53.70
22. William Yan Thorley (Hong Kong, 18) 1:58:33.40
23. Tiago Campos (Portugal, 22) 1:59:42.00
24. Matej Kozubek (Czech Republic, 25) 2:01:52.10
DNF Hector Thomas Cheal Pardoe (Great Britain, 20)
DNF David Aubry (France, 24)
FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
2017 FINA World Swimming Championships
FINA /CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
2016 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Results
1. Ferry Weertman, NED 1:52:59.8
2. Spyridon Gianniotis, GRE 1:52:59.8
3. Marc-Antoine Olivier, FRA 1:53:02.0
4. Lijun Zu, CHN 1:53:02.0
5. Jordan Wilimovsky, USA 1:53:03.2
6. Simone Ruffini, ITA 1:53:03.5
7. Federico Vanelli, ITA 1:53:03.9
8. Yasunari Hirai, JPN 1:53:04.6
9. Christian Reichert, GER 1:53:04.7
10. Chad Ho, RSA 1:53:04.8
11. Evgenii Drattcev, RUS 1:53:04.8
12. Ous Mellouli, TUN 1:53:06.1
13. Mark Papp, HUN 1:53:11.7
14. Ventsislav Aydaski, BUL 1:53:16.1
15. Ivan Enderica Ochoa, ECU 1:53:16.2
16. Richard Weinberger, CAN 1:53:16.4
17. Allan Do Carmo, BRA 1:53:16.4
18. Kane Rae Francis Radford, NZL 1:53:18.7
19. Richard Nagy, SVK 1:53:35.4
20. Jarrod Poort, AUS 1:53:40.7
21. Erwin Maldonado, VEN 1:54:33.6
22. Marwan Ahmed Aly Morsy Elamrawy, EGY 1:59:17.2
DSQ Sean Ryan, USA
DSQ Vitaliy Khudyakov, KAZ (Asia)
DSQ Jack Burnell, GBR
2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nominees
1. Barbados Open Water Swimming Festival with Kristina Evelyn & Zary Evelyn (Barbados)
2. Khitindra Chandra Baishya (Bangladesh)
3. Sven Eckardt (Germany)
4. India National Open Long Distance Swimming Championship Escort Rowers (India)
5. Margarita Llorens Bagur (Spain)
6. Igor Lukin (Russia)
7. Madswimmer by Jean Craven (South Africa)
8. Marc-Antoine Olivier (France)
9. Stephen Rouch (USA)
10. Jason Snell (Great Britain)
11. Christof Wandratsch (Germany)
12. Wild Swimming Brothers (Great Britain)
2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year Nomination
Marc-Antoine Olivier had the best overall performance among the male open water swimmers at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships. The 21-year-old Frenchman kicked off his campaign in Lake Balaton in Hungary with a gold medal performance in the 5 km race, then backed it up with a bronze medal in the 10 km race, finishing only 0.7 seconds behind Olympic gold medalist Ferry Weertman. Then he culminated his week with a blazing fast anchor leg on France’s gold medal winning 5 km team race. His 12:08.7 leg over the 1.25 km course was the fastest split of the relay that France needed to hold off the Americans and Italians. For rising to the occasion among the world’s fastest open water swimmers, for being consistently competitive and medaling in all three of his races with 2 gold and 1 bronze, for continuing podium performances after winning a bronze medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics, Marc-Antoine Olivier’s races at the 2017 FINA World Swimming Championships is a worthy nominee for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year.
- Upsets And Victories by Domenico Acerenza, Leonie Beck at LEN European Championships
- Gregorio Paltrinieri, Domenico Acerenza Go 1-2 in the LEN European Championship 5 km Race
- Takeaways from the 2022 FINA World Championships
- Sacha Velly, A Chip Off The Ol' Block?
- Florian Wellbrock, Gregorio Paltrinieri, Mykhailo Romanchuk On 5 km Podium at World Championships
- Gravley Brothers Take On The World
- Pros on the Podium – Men
- Pros on the Podium – Women
- Marc-Antoine Olivier Wins FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Eilat, Israel
- Kristóf Rasovszky Wins 2021 FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series
- Anna Olasz, Marc-Antoine Olivier Win 25 km FINA UltraMarathon Swim Series in Lake Ohrid
- Axel Reymond Wins His Third Lake Ohrid FINA UltraMarathon Swim
- Florian Wellbrock Dominates The Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Big Surprises At The Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Matan Roditi Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Athanasios Kynigakis Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Watch The Olympic Qualification Race – Takeshi Toyoda Of Japan In Lead
- Hector Pardoe Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Sharpening Your Mind For The Olympic 10K Marathon Swim – And Other Competitive Races
- Alright, Alright, Alright. The Pros Are Ready To Go Ahead
- International Conference on Open Water Swimming and Racing Techniques in Tokyo
- Olympic Swimmers Will Get Up A Little Earlier In The Heat
- Florian Wellbrock, Rob Muffels, Finnia Wunram Start to Catch Up
- From #stopolympics...To Bring It On!
- Tokyo 2020 Delayed…But Hopeful
- FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series 2019 Rankings
- If The 2020 Olympic Marathon Swim Were Held As Scheduled: The Men
- Open Water Swimming Lingo At The Olympics
- 1 Day Earlier, 1 Year Later, The Tokyo Olympics
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics Appears To Be Postponed
- Tokyo Olympics Faces Force Majeure, Postponement
- Marathon Swimming Hall Of Famers At The Olympics
- #stopolympics Picks Up The Pace
- The Future Of Odaiba Marine Park
- Margarita Llorens Bagur Wins 2017 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year
- Axel Reymond Sprints To His Second World Title
- Dutch Treat, Ferry Weertman Wins Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- No Thank You, We Are On A Chase
- Ferry Weertman In Lead Now
- Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi! Oi! Oi! Chase Is On
- Is Poort Pulling A Bircher?
- Expect The Unexpected In The Men's Olympic 10K
- 24 Men Chasing Jarrod Poort
- Jarrod Poort Takes Off On A Risky Strategy In 10K
- How Close is Close?
- Jordan Wilimovsky Leaves World In His Wake
- Jordan Wilimovsky Leads Talented Field To Rio
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- Marc Antoine Olivier, Fast As Fast Can Be
- Marc-Antoine Olivier Sets Blistering Pace In 5K
- Marc-Antoine Olivier Holds Off Field In Fort Myers
- Testing Out The Copacabana 10K Course
- FINA Should Listen To Jack Burnell And His Competitors
- He Said, He Said. Different Views Of Olympic 10K Marathon
- Age Analysis Of Olympic Open Water Swimmers
- Split Times Taken At FINA World Championships
- Marc-Antoine Olivier Makes A Fast Statement In 5K
- Ferry Tale Win For Weertman
- Vive la France, Open Water Dominance
- Aurélie Muller, Emmanuel Macron, Marc-Antoine Olivier Celebrate
- Marc-Antoine Olivier, 2017 FINA Male Open Water Swimmer
- What Is Your Mellouli Number?
- What Is Your Van Rouwendaal Number?
- Freestyling In France For Fun & Fitness
- French Superstars Of The Sport
- Olympic History Told At The Olympic Club
- Olympic Open Water Swimming History Explained
- Saison 2 Of The Tahiti Swimming Experience
- Tahiti Swimming Experience
- Tahiti Swimming Experience Respecting Rāhui, Cutting Coral
- Open Water Swimming And Styling At Its Finest
- WYZ Swim Challenge From Quiberon To Belle-Île
- A Chest Of Bronze
- 2019 FINA World Championships In Gwangju
- Marc-Antoine Olivier, Lara Grangeon Win LEN Cup In Eilat
- Watch Marc-Antoine Olivier Win In Seychelles