Manhattan Beach is a seaside community in the South Bay area of Los Angeles in Southern California known as one of the three Beach Cities. The city is located on the Pacific coast, north of Hermosa Beach. Manhattan Beach is the home of both beach and indoor volleyball, open water swimming and surfing. During the winter, the waves can get as big as 12 feet (3.7 m). In the past 15 years, it has become home to professional athletes such as Lisa Leslie, Maria Sharapova, Tiger Woods, Mike Richards, Blake Griffin and Rebecca Soni.
Manhattan Beach is within commuting distance of Los Angeles and therefore one of the most expensive coastal towns in America, according to the most recent Fortune Magazine rankings. Property in Manhattan Beach is exceptionally expensive when considering the size of land for sale. In comparison, a half acre of land in Bel-Air is valued at US$20 million, while a half acre of land on the Strand in Manhattan Beach is valued at US$35 million. Homes with an ocean view often exceed US$5 million in cost.
Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim
The Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim starts on the south side of Hermosa Beach Pier and finishes on the north side of the Manhattan Beach Pier. For more information and pre-qualification requirements, contact email@example.com.
Manhattan Beach Channel Swimming Clinic
- The Ink Well Beach, A Beach To Be Free
- Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim
- Summer Surfing In The Swim
- Dude, Look At That Wave…And Shark
- The Legacy Of Dwight Crum
- Manhattan Beach Channel Swimming Clinic
- The Inexcusable, Inhumane Lack Of Regard Of Swimmers
- Free Ocean Workouts With SCAQ
- Pier Fishing And Concerns Of An Open Water Swimmer
- Dwight Crum Swam For 33 Years And Left A Legacy
- Third Time Is A Charm
- The Chances Of 1 In 11.5 Million
- Deciding On The 2024 Olympics: Seine Or Santa Monica?
- Long Beach Wins LA Olympic Marathon Swimming Bid
- Using The Eiffel Tower As An Olympic Landmark
- Swimming In South Bay + Santa Monica