Mandy Uys, Ph.D. is a South Africa open water swimmer from East London who works at Laughing Waters (Aquatic Ecosystems) in East London, South Africa. She is a member of the East London Open Water Swimming Obsessives.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- Uys participated in the 2016 Swim for Rivers for Life together with Andrew Chin where they swam a 70 km section of the Orange River in the Northern Cape in South Africa and interacted with over 1,000 school pupils along the way.
- Uys participated in the 2017 Swim for Rivers for Life with Andrew Chin, Joy Stevens, Sean Murray, and Nicky van Nierop where they completed a Swim for Rivers project and stage swim in South Africa's Eastern Cape with a strong focus on estuaries as the critical link between freshwater rivers and the sea.
- Uys completed a 25 km ocean swim in Seychelles in 2015.
- She was named one of the World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women in 2019 by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
The Swimming Show
- Swim For Rivers In South Africa
- Andrew Chin, Mandy Uys On The Swimming Show
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming Association
- River Redux: Andrew Chin's Source To Sea Swim
- 2019 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women
- Pulling out all the strokes to save the Wild Coast
- A revelation of a rugged sort
- Creating An Alternative Future For The Wild Coast