Lucy Wood is an author of The Grimsby Book of Days (2014), Blonde In Deep Water (2015), and The Little Book of Lincolnshire (2016).
Blonde In Deep Water
Blonde in Deep Water: Brenda Fisher: The Story of a Channel Swimmer is a biography of Brenda Fisher, a 88-year-old British open water swimmer from Scartho, was the first female finisher at the Billy Butlin Cross Channel International Swim across the English Channel in 1951, placing fifth overall in 12 hours 42 minutes, and third overall as the first women in the 1954 Billy Butlin Cross Channel International Swim in 14 hours 36 minutes. She also raced in the Nile River in Egypt and across Lake Ontario in Canada during her prolific swimming career. She appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show and became a pin-up girl for 7 Up lemonade. Later, she became a swimming instructor and also worked for the Ross Group.
- Brenda Fisher Will Be Inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Reading, Not Racing. A Library Of Open Water Swimming Books
- Amazing life of Grimsby's record-breaking Channel swimmer recorded in new book
- Lucy Wood Author
- Blonde In Deep Water
- Daily Mail and Billy Butlin Cross Channel Swims
- Channel Swimming Association
- Blonde In Deep Water, Brenda Fischer