Leigh Rey is a 43-year-old American open water swimmer from Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- On 19 April 2015, she completed the 10 km Swim Miami in Florida in 2 hours 32 minutes 37 minutes.
- On 23 August 2015, she completed the 10 km Swim To The Moon in 2 hours 30 minutes 11 seconds.
- On 4 June 2016, she completed the 20.1 km Swim Around Key West in Florida in 4 hours 44 minutes 50 seconds at the age of 39.
- On 25 September 2016, she completed the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 4 hours 36 minutes 55 seconds at the age of 39.
- On 1 October 2017, she completed the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 5 hours 6 minutes 57 seconds at the age of 40.
- She did not finish the 2018 Tampa Bay Marathon Swim in Florida on 21 April 2018.
- She finished 7th in the 8-mile Swim for Alligator Lighthouse in Florida Keys in 3:36:44.0 at the age of 41.
- In October 2019, she won the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 4:28:55 at the age of 42.
- On 11 October 2020, she finished 9th in the 19.3 km Swim Around Charleston in South Carolina in 4:52:25 at the age of 43.
2018 Tampa Bay Marathon Swim
- 2020 Swim Around Charleston – Solo Results
- Alex Kostich Wins Swim Around Charleston
- Stately, Splendid, Stunning Swim Starts Around Charleston
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Tampa Bay Marathon Swim
- Spring Training For Marathon Swimmers
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Yoelvis Pedraza, Chelsea Nauta Swim for Alligator Lighthouse