Kosatka DV is a winter swimming club in Vladivostok, Russia that is led by Oleg Dokuchaev. The club organizes and trains people for extreme swims, marathon swimming relays, and other open water swimming adventures with a goal of marine conservationism and environmentalism in Siberia in Far East Russia.
- Kosatka means orcas in Russian
- DV = Dalniy Vostok which means Far East that includes East Siberia, Yakutia, and the Pacific Coast.
- Alternatively, Kosatka DV (Orca - Far East)
2020 WOWSA Awards
Kosatka DV by Oleg Dokuchaev (Russia) was voted as the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year with the following nomination: Vladivostok is site of Kosatka DV, a winter swimming club and center with hundreds of passionate swimmers and year-round competitions led by President, Founder and Head Coach Oleg Dokuchaev. But the club's reach and renowned reputation goes far beyond the port city in eastern Russia. The club organizes and trains people for extreme swims, eco-marathon swimming relays, and other open water swimming adventures with a goal of marine conservationism and environmentalism in Far East Russia. Based on his experience organizing the 86 km Bering Strait Swim, dubbed The Most Dangerous Crossing In The World, Dokuchaev organizes four other extreme swimming adventures while balancing the highest safety protocols with difficult challenges. For organizing the 75 km Amur River Swim for an 8-swimmer relay ending in Khabarovsk and the 160 km Peter the Great Gulf Swim for a 16-swimmer relay around the Empress Eugénie Archipelago in the sea around Vladivostok, for staging the 50 km Lake Baikal Crossing by a 5-swimmer relay across the famous Lake Baikal and the 75 km Russky Round Swim around the Russky Island by 14 swimmers south of Vladivostok, and for training, leading and motivating cold water swimmers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to challenge themselves in distant extreme eco-swimming relays in unspoilt waterways, the Kosatka DV by Oleg Dokuchaev is a worthy nominee for the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- Update to the International Ice Swimming Association Policy – IISA Moves to a Total Ban
- International Ice Swimming Association Official Statement on the Invasion of Ukraine
- Nejib Belhedi Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year
- Bárbara Hernández Huerta Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Woman Of The Year
- Original Triple Crown By Kamil Resa Alsaran Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Kosatka DV Is 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Kosatka DV, Swimming With The Orcas
- Four Extreme Adventures In Russia With Kosatka DV
- The Unprecedented 50 km Crossing Of Lake Baikal
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association