Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She holds the all-Ireland record for distance butterfly set in Lough Erne, Northern Ireland in 2012 at 25 km.
- She swims without a wetsuit and without hydration or food, non-stop where possible.
- She is a self-trained and self-funded competitor who has fitted in a training schedule around full-time work hours.
- She also swims freestyle open water at the amateur level.
- She completed a 10 km swim in Loch Earn in Scotland in 2009 all butterfly.
- She completed a 17 km swim in Lough Erne in Northern Ireland in 2009 all butterfly.
- She completed a 10 km swim in Eton all butterfly.
- She completed a 10 km swim in Camlough Lake in Northern Ireland in 2012 all butterfly.
- On 15 July 2013, she swam 16.9 km across Windermere in England in 8 hours 20 minutes 51 seconds all butterfly.
- On 7 May 2014, she swam 13.3 km across Saguaro Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 6 hours 3 minutes 54 seconds at the age of 43.
- On 10 May 2014, she swam 9 km across Roosevelt Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 4 hours 51 minutes 22 seconds.
- On 9 August 2014, she completed the 27.3 km Rose Pitonof Swim in New York in 5 hours 41 minutes 30 seconds all butterfly.
- Kathryn Mason Nails The 25K Butterfly
- Where Women Dominate
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- List of Open Water Butterfly Swims
- Butterfly Can Be Brutal
- Brutal ... Butterfly In The Open Water
- The Toughest, Gnarliest Open Water Swimmers Around
- Butterfly Swim Rules In The Open Water
- What Is The World's Most Difficult Sports Move?
- Flat Abs, Fitness And Fly