Kate Howell is a 34-year-old American open water swimmer from San Francisco, California and the owner/operator of Adventure Swims specializing in swim vacations in beautiful Baja Mexico! Kate is from Northern California and swims with the South End Rowing Club of San Francisco. She is a passionate swimmer and ocean lover. She is also a State of California licensed Physio Therapist and can help develop your stroke or address injury prevention during your swim holiday.
Open Water Swimming Career
- She is one of the very few swimmers to complete two Catalina Channel solos:
- She completed the 36-mile (57.9 km) END-WET marathon swim down the Red River of the North on 20 June 2015 in 13 hours 6 minutes at the age of 32.
- She became the first person, together with Tony Lillios, to swim a two-way, non-wetsuit 12-mile crossing of Crater Lake in Oregon on 13 August 2012 in 55°F (13°C) without any support craft. They topped the initial one-way crossing completed by Lee Fourrier in 1929.
- On 26 April 2017, she completed a 13.3 km crossing of Saguaro Lake in Arizona in 4 hours 55 minutes 43 seconds at the age of 33.
- On 27 April 2017, she completed a 14.1 km crossing of Canyon Lake in Arizona in 5 hours 7 minutes 37 minutes at the age of 33.
- On 11 September 2017, she completed the 40.2 km In Search of Memphre across Lake Memphremagog from Newport, Vermont to Magog, Quebec, Canada in 17 hours 47 minutes at the age of 34.
- On 4 July 2018, she attempted a 21-mile crossing of Lake Tahoe.
- She finished 13th overall in the 4-day 66.9 km SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3 hours 10 minutes 9.8 seconds on 1 May 2021.
Marathon Swim Stories
- The History of Swimming 4 Long Days In SCAR
- Michael Rice, Ned Denison Discuss The SCAR Swim Challenge On WOWSA Live
- Michael Rice Sets The Standard In S.C.A.R.
- Shannon House Keegan Talks Marathon Swimming Stories
- Two-fer In Crater Lake By Tony Lillios And Kate Howell
- Two Californians swim into history
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Swimming Crater Lake
- Adventure Swims
- Ned Denison Honored In Vermont
- The White Knight Honored In Vermont
- The Search Continues And Grows
- Kingdom Games
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Swimming For Sammy In Santa Monica
- Swimming For Sammy In Lake Tahoe