Jonathan Ridler is a 31-year-old open water swimmer from Auckland, New Zealand.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He finished 9th in the 2017-2018 Global Swim Series in the male non-wetsuit division.
- He completed the New Zealand Triple Crown in 2 years, the fastest in history.
- On 22 February 2021, he crossed the Foveaux Strait from south to north in a record-setting time of 7 hours 52 minutes 14 seconds ratified by the New Zealand Open Water Swimming Association.
- He completed a 23 km crossing of the Cook Strait from north to south on 15 February 2019 in 6 hours 22 minutes 1 second.
- He completed a 40.2 km crossing of Lake Taupō from south to north on 29 February 2020 in 12 hours 22 minutes 22 seconds.
- Seti Afoa on Celebrating Swimmers from Samoa to New Zealand
- Open Water Swimming
- New Zealand Open Water Swimming Association Kicks Off With Record Swim By Jonathan Ridler
- Facebook page
- Global Swim Series
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- The Race Around The World
- Michael Kenny Forges Into Global Swim Series Lead