Joe Rainero is a 49-year-old American open water swimmer from Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina.
Open Water Swimming Career
- Rainero, John Buechler (44) of Annandale, Virginia, John Crompton (59) of Charleston, South Carolina, and Michael Stresemann (51) of Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina completed a 4-person 17.43-mile relay across South Holston Lake from Caleb's Cove in Virginia to Riddle Creek in Tennessee in 7 hours 54 minutes. The men rotated turns in the water, swimming 45 minute legs, then 30 minute legs and finally 20 minute legs toward the end of the relay.
- Rainero completed the solo 7.63-mile (12.27 km) swim from Kaibo to Camana Bay Swim on Grand Cayman Island in the Cayman Islands in 2015 in 3 hours 45 minutes
- Rainero attempted a tandem swim with Matt Maurer (38), Lance Ogren (44), and Mike Stresemann (54) around Sullivan's Island and the Isle of Palms in South Carolina in The Swim Around The Islands in September 2015
- Rainero participated in the 2015 Swim Around Charleston, winning the 4-person relay category.
- Rainero completed an unprecedented 6.23-mile (10.02 km) Swim Around Dewees Island and the Submarine Tower Swim on 16 October 2015, escorted by pilot Johnny Crompton in 3 hours 4 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Joe Rainero Completes First Kaibo To Camana Bay Swim
- Swimmers establish record traversing length of South Holston Lake
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swim Around Charleston With A Lifetime Of Experience
- Thumbs Up To Joe Rainero Around Dewees Island
- World Open Water Swimming Association